Resident Evil to be an Exclusive on 360 ?

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Sep 26, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

not a fan of exlclusivity these days, and usually what does exclusive mean? 1 week, 1 month, 1 year? but this could be a coop for M$ after the tremendous response Dead Rising recieved, M$ may have just thrown a wad of cash Capcom's way.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Looks like I'll never be playing RE5 then..oh, well plenty more fish in the sea!

3. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

If true, would this be a "Resident evil / Xbox" exclusivity or a "Capcom / Xbox" exclusivity?

I wouldn't be really affected by any exclusivity deal as I plan to own all 3 consoles but I still find the concept distasteful at best. I don't mind the big three developing their own exclusivities buy I'm annoyed when they take over a developer or game franchise for the sake of exclusivity.

I hope Microsfot won't get a complete Capcom exclusivity. Capcom make decent portable games for Microsoft's rivals in the industry.

MRU, do you have a link for the above quote? I'd like to do some web sleuthing and see if I can find the original source for this rumor.

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

They will NEVER get a full cacpom exclusivity unless they just buy them up lock stock & barrel.

After all don't capcom make Devil May Cry and thats PS3 exclusive....

So I think it's just a case of Capcom whoreing its big name titles out to the guy with the biggest bucks.

5. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Anybody here still have a bad aftertaste about the time Mac developer Bungie was bought by Microsoft for Halo? ^_^

6. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I don't have a bad after taste because halo was enough for me to buy a xboxand halo3 will be enough for a x360. I loved RE4 on the gamecube and bought a gc just for it. After finishing it I did dump it but it was fantastic and its not a big deal for me if RE5 is exclusive to x360 as long as it comes out for it. Its not a dealbreaker for me - halo3 is the game i am keyed in on and mass efffect, bioshock, BIA:Hells Highway, GRAW, and Oblivion. But I won't buy any of the new consoles til next year at the earliest.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ah well. I might be bothered once I beat RE1, 2, 3 and 4. Maybe 0. Great games though.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

If it is true I give it 30days before its on the PS3/Wii. Exclusivity is not even a word with 3rd party companies anymore so its just hot air.

Don't care for RE much anyway but if they(Konami) happen to F*** around with Silent Hill then I would freak out...Although I will get all the consoles.

Bless

9. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

this might be true but RE4 was first "exclusive" for the gamecube. Game of the Year awards and huge profit, so 6 months later it was on ps2.

if RE5 sells well, it will make it to the ps3. just like RE4 and GTA games before it.

10. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

i doubt it. plus RE5 would be awesome on the Wii.

11. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

There already is a Resident Evil title in development for the Wii. I don't know whether it's Resident Evil 5 or another title that is made exclusively for use with the revolutionary Wii controller (probably the latter), but there is one in development, so Capcom games aren't going to be exclusive to Microsoft.

Daniel.

12. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

So long as it doesn't go PS3 exclusive, I'm OK :)

13. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Wow that was a quick 1 day rumor wasn't it :D

Let's start our own.

The new resident evil does not feature zombies - its all about the goldfish ;)

14. iMetroid macrumors member

Right on. It's called Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles. So far, all that's out about it is the name and confirmation. :(

15. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I don't believe it. As long as its on a console I own, I'll be happy.