Resistance Fall of Man : PS3

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Aug 22, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Just watched the new trailer over at IGN in HD

Must say of all the launch titles for the PS3 this is the one that is tempting me.

Looks savage, better than HalfLife 2 even....

:eek: :( :eek: :(

Damn games! I swore I wouldnt get one until there were some games I want... I want resistance :p

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Looks good, and I love a good post-apocalyptic game. But these graphics are still underwhelming me, I wouldn't mind if this was a system not raging on about how powerful its graphics are. Especially the backgrounds. Textures are perfect mind.

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

In fairness, you should see the HD video clip. The game looks far more impressive in motion - with amazing particles & lighting. The screen shots dont capture how fluid the animation is, and theres a realy good use of anti-aliasing in the video too. no jaggies anywhere.... very impressive.

Plus it a british game ;) For once a decent sci-fi epic based in a apocolyptic London....

I cant believe I'm actually tempted to pick up a ps3 to play this, but if it gets a very good review in Edge or Game - that's what I'm gonna do :eek:

4. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

Downloading the HD video now.
    Though I have no intention of buying a PS3, even if I could afford it, I think it's healthy not to hide my head in the sand every time a non Nintendo game shows up!

I think I saw an early video of this, looked cool.

Peace

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Good! It's a little side topic-ish but I love seeing Britain banging out games. GTA, original Tomb Raider, Worms, Lemmings, Goldeneye. Games I was brought up with and loved.

6. risc macrumors 68030

risc

That is 1 hell of a great looking game, it definitely has me tempted to throw down some cash to pre-order a PS3.

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I must say I agree with Jimmi. The graphics aren't that great. Yes I've seen the videos.

8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

i think the graphics are good, but the particle effects aren't wowing me as much as i had hoped. The dust from the explosions and stuff I mean. And the environments still look very static (ie. all the walls don't seem to blow up and such, although some do), but its still on my 'to buy' on launch day!

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

This is the game I'll be getting at launch. Those pictures look great.....Imagine the game itself....its going to be real interesting. I took notice of this game from day one.

Bless