Resitance Fall of Man

Discussion in 'Games' started by tim2006, Jan 20, 2007.

1. tim2006 macrumors 6502

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

This will be totally dependent on which system someone owns. Furthermore i can see this starting in to another flame war, hopefully it remains civilized.

They both have their merits and their failures. There has to be many many reviews on both out there without the need to post here.

I can guarantee you that based on where this forums bias leans that even the OP knows which direction this post will be heading.

Ed

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've yet to play R:FoM but GoW was certainly not my cup of tea.

4. tim2006 thread starter macrumors 6502

saw a podcast of resitance I was impressed did not think it would be so cool

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

6. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

For the brief time my roommate had his PS3, the only game he got was R:FOM. It was okay, but it had just come out after I got Gears for my 360 so I would say we were spoiled a bit. We were so used to sticking to walls that Resistance felt very "last gen". Sure, it ran well and all but it just felt like an XBox/PS2 game in HD, it really didn't bring anything new to the FPS genre. There were a few levels I really liked, in particular, ones that you were rushing the enemy through a city, pushing their front line back. The online was ok, even with the 40 person games, it still took us a good 20 to 30 seconds to find an enemy. Also, hardly anyone had a headset on so there was no communication or team work. It's an ok game and probably the best on the PS3 now but falls short of many other games out now for other systems. The best game on the PS3 is the Motorstorm demo, super intense and just plan fun to watch when you crash.

7. slick316 macrumors 6502

I have a 360 and GoW and absolutely loved it!

I then got a PS3 and the only game I have on it is RFoM and I love this game also.

I love FPS games, and personally felt that RFoM was well done. I loved the story, the weapons, enemies, and vehicles. It was a great game, best on PS3 so far.

While graphically not as good as GoW, it was still great looking and ran at a very steady framerate.

Fun game, great multiplayer, must buy for FPS lovers that own a PS3.

8. harveypooka macrumors 65816

I played about 15 mins and it didn't take my fancy either.

9. applekid macrumors 68020

Played the co-op with a friend for a few good hours about a week ago. It's a decent shooter, but just don't expect anything amazingly new or cool.

I went back to playing Gears of War today. I wasn't too impressed playing it many times for several hours before, but today it seemed a little better.

Both not amazingly great games, but still decent shooters, I think. But, Gears adds a little more with the whole 3rd person view and things which made things a little more interesting.

10. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Personally I enjoy both games – Gears for the online co-op and the Insane difficulty for single player, and in Resistance, I enjoy the weapon variety and the storyline.