Resizing My picture

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by Sundance Kid, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Sundance Kid macrumors regular

Sundance Kid

How do i resize my picture? I don't think i can with iPhoto. Could one of you guys do it for me? I would very much appreciate it :) .

I would like it 50x50 pixels, 14kbs, or as it says here: An avatar image file should be a 50x50 px PNG, JPEG or GIF image that is smaller than 15 KB.

thanks!

(in jpeg please!)

i can't even put it on its too big. Ok, how the hell do i resize with iPhoto?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Under the Share menu in iPhoto 5.0, there should be an Export option. You can scale your image from there. :)

3. yenko macrumors 6502a

Click on the picture you wish to resize. Click on "Share" then "Export" in the menu above. In the resulting dialog box that shows up click on "Web" and on the bottom right hand side insert the size in pixels that you want. I would make a copy first before performing this operation. :)

4. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

5. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

iPhoto always keeps a copy of the original, in case you make a mistake. It's what "Revert To Original" means in the Photos menu. Edit away with peace of mind, knowing you can always just go back to the original :D

6. fayans macrumors 6502a

fayans

This little application ImageWell may be what you need. You can edit, rotate, crop and resize your image and upload it to your iDisk (.mac account) or FTP server.

7. yenko macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I know and am totally aware of it, but I have developed a bad habit of not ever screwin' with the originals. :p I should have mentioned it. :rolleyes:

Thanks. :)

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

For the record, you can do it from the default File Export tab that comes up straight away.

Does anyone know if there's a difference between doing it through the Web tab compared to the File Export tab? I'm just wondering because the File Export option still give a pretty large image in terms of bytes, maybe the Web option compresses the image too... :)

9. yenko macrumors 6502a

Yeah....otherwise why would they have that option? :confused:
    Not sure...but after rechecking, it appears as if it may do some compression and give you better control of image size. Maybe I should have done more checking into it since I don't use that feature that often. :eek: I usually export to PhotoShop and "make web ready". :)

10. Sundance Kid thread starter macrumors regular

Sundance Kid

11. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You have the latest version of iPhoto? From the Share menu, select Export and it should come up with a window like that attached. Then, the web tab is just in the middle up the top. :)

Of course, you can still scale down a photo from this default File Export tab.

Attached Files: