Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
Hey guys,

I am yet to upgrade to iOS 5 as I need an untethered jailbreak. But I was wondering of a particular question regarding the photo stream , icloud feature.

Like I have an IPad 2 and iPhone 4. So if keep photo stream on and icloud transfers photos taken from iPhone to iPad, what will be the resolution? Will they be of full resolution I.e 2592*1936 or u can set an option of reducing the size as you get while sending an email with photos. I.e small, medium, large or original.

I am concerned as this might hog data plan big time and I might cross my limit earlier.

So can someone please tell me what options do u get in iOS 5.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
That's great news.. :) so don't have to worry about the bandwidth now. Thanx for the info

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
One extra detail:

Photos you take on your iPhone do go to Photo Stream at full resolution. They then copy to your computer at full size. That all is true.

However, you can set iPhoto or Aperture to load photos back OUT to Photo Stream if you import them from another camera. In that case it still down-rezes THOSE photos to the same size that iTunes always did when syncing photos to the photo album.

Now, they're still quite large...almost 2 MB in many cases. So they're quite good! But computer-to-iPhone files are not full size in the way that iPhone-to-computer photos are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.