Restaurant POS - ProBe?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hoygoo, Jan 19, 2006.

1. hoygoo macrumors newbie

Jan 15, 2006
    Any restaurant/cafe owners out there who have set up a Mac POS system? I've gotten a quote from ProBe -- which I found on Apple's site -- and am looking for any input I can find.

The thought of running a Windows-based POS makes me ill.
  2. userbadboymc macrumors newbie

Oct 30, 2009
    Love this helping each other out forum

Anyone know which printers are the best for pos solutions?
  3. marrerod macrumors newbie

May 1, 2010
    Ordyx POS

If you are still looking for a restaurant/cafe POS that can run on a Mac, checkout Ordyx ( It can run on a Mac and it also has an iPhone App for waiters to take orders.
  4. carlocas macrumors newbie

Sep 9, 2010
    Hello !
    For your information we have developed BC Resto, a POS (point of sale) application for restaurants that works beautifully on MacOS X (and windows too !).
    It is available out of the box in English Italian and French.

You can reach us here
    email : info "AT"
    phone : +33811030997

Best regards,

5. ProsperityPOS macrumors newbie

Nov 3, 2011
    Prosperity POS currently offers a Mac based POS system for cafés, restaurants, and pizzerias starting at $2690. Please visit for more informaiton.
  6. PointofSaleUSA, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013

PointofSaleUSA macrumors newbie

Jan 17, 2012
    POSLavo Ipad Ipod

POSLavu is a state of the art wireless point-of-sale system for restaurants that fully utilizes technology built into the Apple iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone.

POSLavu is a synergy of cloud computing, wireless integration, multi-touch devices and cutting edge software that creates a new freedom from traditional POS barriers.

Improve Speed of Service and Order Accuracy
    * Serve more customers by keeping wait-staff on the floor.
    * Improve speed and accuracy from the restaurant floor to the kitchen and bar area.

POSLavu is ideal for Coffee Shops, Bars, High End Restaurants, Pizza Shops, Cafe’s, Nightclubs, and Retail POS. POSLavu uses the best technology available at a fraction of the cost of traditional point- of-sale.

Build Customer Loyalty
    * Deliver fast, convenient and consistent customer service.

Increase Sales
    * Implement effective promotions and performance measures.
    * Increase gift card sales and build compelling loyalty programs.

Decrease Employee Training Time
    * Reduce training time with easy-to-use software solutions.
    * Offer employees the industry’s best graphical user interface.

Ensure Smooth Operations
    * Prevent lost sales and service disruption with the industry’s best data redundancy.
    *Avoid operational hassles with highly responsive maintenance and the fastest return-to-service methods.

At a affordable price for any
    Will work with Mac and other PC systems for the back office.

Point of Sale USA is a Certified Distributor of POSLavu. We specialize in sales and support of POSLavu. From purchasing software and hardware to installation and ongoing support; we are here to support your success.

POSLavu iPad POS
  7. organictrip macrumors newbie

Mar 9, 2012
    sixth sense POS

I am planning the opening of a pizzeria/antipasto bar with take away, that will in a second future also expand to be a deli, I found this to be the most complete software solution for OSX.
    They also resell some of the hardware, but I think that is cheaper to shop around and look for specials once you find the model you're after id touch monitors, epson printers impact ( for kitchen ) and thermal ( front of house)

good luck