Restore Airport Driver in MBP C2D

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Doc.Mac, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Doc.Mac macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I got a problem with my 17"MBP C2D.

After a restart the Airport card finds my wireless network but can't connect it.

I have never had this problem till 2 hours ago and my wireless network still works now with my desktop PC, and for this reason i think that this is an airport problem.

Every update was installed when the Airport crashed.

I have tried to install an other time the 2007-001 update, but i got OSX 10.4.9 and the update requires OSX 10.4.8.

The 2007-002 update hasn't fixed the problem.

I think that if i restore the Airport Driver everything can be easily fixed.

Someone knows where i can find the original Driver?

Sorry for my poor and bad english and thanks for help..:(

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

What kind of security is implemented on the network? Are there any other wireless networks you can try to connect to? What kind of router do you have?

I think its unlikely you have a driver problem. The probable cause is something weird with your router, or that your MBP doesn't agree with the type of security on the network.

When in this situation I usually open up the router administration page in my browser and change settings like the channel the network is operating on (1-11) and security (WEP personal has always treated me well).

3. Doc.Mac thread starter macrumors newbie

I got a USR 9110 router with a WPA Personal Key and the channel is setted in auto mode with a "only G" mode.

As i said before, i have never had any problem after 2007-001 e 2007-002 updates..for this reason i think that this is a strange problem thaht is linked to the Airport Driver..

I've tried to change settings in the admin page, but nothing changed..
    :(

4. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

I'm a little confused here. Are you saying that you lost connectively right after the 2007-001 update?

My suggestion is to (if your router allows) setup WEP encryption on your network. I find it just work better on a wide variety of router and computer combination.