Restore iBook Applications?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by besler3035, May 18, 2005.

1. besler3035 macrumors 6502

I just did an Erase and Install of Tiger, and it's working great. But I am yet to find a way how to get my pre-loaded apps that came with my iBook on to my computer again! I found directions for 10.3 and 10.3.1, and 10.3.4 through 10.3.7, but I can't find anything on 10.3.3, which is the version my iBook came with! I'm trying to get Quicken 2004 off of it...can someone PLEASE help?

2. hodgjy macrumors 6502

Search the forums. This has been discussed many times. Search for threads talking about Pacifist.

3. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Try using the restore / application CDs that came with your iBook. You should be able to pull the apps or installers you need off of them.

4. besler3035 thread starter macrumors 6502

I did an Erase and Install...Pacifist doesn't help in this instance, as it opens a .pkg (package) file, which I wouldn't have on my computer if I erased the hard drive.

5. besler3035 thread starter macrumors 6502

Read my first thread...I'm asking HOW to do this!

6. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...put in the disk (the dvd, or if cd's, the one labelled "install disc 1) that came with your computer - there is probably an icon in the window that auto-opens that is labelled "Install bundled software only"....oh yeah!

7. besler3035 thread starter macrumors 6502

I did this and when I go to installation type, it seems as if it's going to install the Classic environment as well as several different apps. Then it starts checking things when I say next like it's preparing to install...

8. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...does it not then present you with a list of choices of what you want to install? Oh, wait...in one of the first screens, you should see a "customize" button I think (I am going by my G5 discs so yours may be different) ....from there you should be able to pick which apps it installs. The other option is to grab a copy of "Pacifist" (search at versiontracker.com for it) which will let you extract individual install packages from your restore disks....oh yeah!

9. hodgjy macrumors 6502

Classic is on disc 3. Bundled apps are on disc 1.

10. besler3035 thread starter macrumors 6502

FINALLY figured it out!

I finally figured it out. The only thing was that I wasn't able to JUST choose Quicken...I had to install a bunch of other apps too (EarthLink, AppleWorks to name a few). I got rid of all those immediately, but I noticed it downgraded my GarageBand to version 1. Spotlight definitely came in handy here! After several installs and deleting everything with "GarageBand" in it, I finally got it to version 2 again. What a hassle just for a program I open every few weeks. Apple should make this easier!

If anyone runs into the same problem, feel free to ask for help!