Restore iPhoto Library from iPod Photo?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jaw04005, Nov 9, 2004.

1. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

My iPhoto library has become corrupt. I attempted to rebuild my library following Apple's instructions, but now my library contains many duplicates. Before the corruption, I synced on my photos to my iPod Photo with the correct meta data (keywords, ratings, etc). Is there a way to restore my library from my iPod Photo?

Josh

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I think the iPod photo uses scaled down versions of your iPhoto library. You'd lose a whole bunch of resolution if you restored using the iPod. Probably better off straightening out the mess from within iPhoto.

3. mslifkin macrumors regular

mslifkin

Josh,

If you checked the box in iTunes preferences ... iPod ... Photo (that's unchecked by default) to copy your whole iPhoto library to the iPod Photo (where you could access it in Disk Mode) then you're golden. Otherwise, I don't think so.

Regards,
    Marc

4. jaw04005 thread starter macrumors 601

jaw04005

I did do that, but I don't know how to restore it. I was hoping that when I checked the feature, it stored the meta data along with my full resolution pictures. I can't just import the pictures from the iPod, because they are are in iPhoto's unusual hierarchy. Where is the option to restore from backup in iPhoto?