Restore library after OS reinstall but not exported list

Discussion in 'iPod' started by [ timko ], Jan 27, 2006.

1. [ timko ] macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2005

I just had to reinstall WinXP but I forgot to export my iTunes library first. Previously I stored my iTunes music folder on a separate partition so that folder did NOT get nuked during WinXP reinstall.

I would like to know how I can reimport that folder, inc podcast subscriptions + files for the podcasts etc back into this new install of iTunes. All it contains is just podcast files, I don't have any music in there.

I know someone is going to say -> "Well why don't you just resubscribe to the podcasts and download those eps again?". Well I would except that my selection of podcasts subscriptions and downloaded eps comes to over 3.6Gb (videocasts bump the size up a LOT) so I'd like to try and avoid downloading that much again, especially since it's still sitting right here on one of my partitions.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :)
  2. [ timko ] thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2005
    Well, turns out all I had to do was point this fresh install of iTunes to the "old" music folder, restart iTunes and it picked up everything.

Just thought I'd come back and post the answer in case anyone else is as stupid as me and reinstalls without properly backing up or exporting the library first :)