Restore touch without updating to iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lizardflix, Jan 19, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

My touch has decided to stop accepting podcasts and after various efforts including dumping 7 gbs to make sure I have plenty of space, I think my only other choice is to try to restore. The only problem is that apple wants to update to iOS 6 during the restore. I don't want the update.

The device is not jailbroken or anything like that, I just don't want that version of iOS.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks!

2. macrumors member

RylanH16

No but why?

I don't currently know how to do that, but why would you? iOS 6 is great, and works just fine with my iPod touch 4g.:confused:

3. macrumors newbie

iPod touch 1gen

Hey.
    First of all, sry for my bad english, it's not my motherlangugage.
    I tried to upgrage the 1.1.5 (or something like this) firmware to 3.1.3. I'm not bought it from iTunes, i downloaded it. With iTunes looking for upgades button, mannually searched the file, but in the middle of upgrading I saw an error bubble, unknow errer. Unfortunately i just clicked the OK. And now the iPod doesn't do anything, I see only one picture on the iPod's screen, the iTunes loge and the cable. ITunes in my pc can't see the iPod, hard reset doesn't help and I can't do anything with the iPod.
    Can anyone write to me, how can I restart the upgrade?
    Maybe the downloaded firmware caude the problem? Buying from iTunes would be better?
    Thx for helping.