Restoring error! An unknown error occurred (1)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ajsimeon, Oct 18, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

I've been getting my iphone ready to sell unlocked. It was on 4.2 and was trying to get it to 4.3.3. I'm having trouble restoring it fully. I downloaded tinyumbrella and saved all my shsh blobs and ran the TSS server. Opened iTunes and restored to 4.3.3 but right when it seems like it's done I get an error. An unknown error occurred (1). I can't seem to figure this out.

2. macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Start TU again, go to "Advanced" tab and turn off, uncheck the "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit". It should modify the host file and allow Itunes to update.

3. macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. Check out my blog. It should help.

http://neerules.blogspot.com/2011/10/restore-jailbroken-iphone-4-on-ios-41.html

4. macrumors 6502

kuwxman

I've been doing those steps for the last two days with no result. For whatever reason, my 4.3.3 blobs weren't saved to Cydia but my 4.3.4 ones were even though the phone was on 4.3.3 all it's life. It doesn't matter what software version I use, I continue to get the (1) error.

I've even gone so far to create a custom iOS 5 ipsw w/ preserved baseband, but that hasn't worked either.

5. macrumors newbie

Have you tried to downgrading to iOS 4.1? Switch to a different computer, and try again. I had the same problem, when I tried using a different computer I was able to restore.

6. macrumors 6502

kuwxman

I was trying on two separate MBP's. I've done quite a bit of jailbreaking/restoring/fixing issues and seriously NOTHING I was trying worked.

Then, this morning it randomly restored to a custom ipsw of iOS 5 w/ the 4.3.3 baseband I had made after trying it a couple times. The only thing I did different was run the fixrecovery43 file three times in a row, lol. Person I sold it to loses the untethered jailbreak option, but they'll still be able to unlock with Gevey Sim, jailbreak and take advantage of everything iOS 5 offers. So it was sort of a win-win. Felt like I won the Super Bowl when it restored! After messing with the thing for 12+ hours over three days, I couldn't believe the battle was over.

7. macrumors newbie

Yeah, I completely understand. I spent hours doing random crap to my iphone. Eventually I just gave up and figured it was bricked forever. I gave it one last try and did what my blog says just on a different computer and it worked. Five minutes later I sold it for $300. It was worth the 10 hours.