restoring ilife after a tiger clean install?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by abc123, Jun 26, 2005.

1. abc123 macrumors 6502

i had updated to tiger when it first came out but since experienced osx quitting almost every day, applications not responding constently etc. so decided to do a clean install. because i still have my powerbook disks and only had my ipod to back up to, i didn't bother backing up the applications that came with the laptop, omni stuff, ilife, etc.

i ran the software install a few minutes ago and while it istalled most things, it didn't install iphoto or imovie (all the other parts of ilife are there).

i'm really confused now and don't know how to get them back. can anyone offer some help? imovie isn't that important but i really want iphoto back, thanks.

2. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

It should be in one the recovery CDs. Something about bundles software or something. I was told something about a Pacifist that is used to find apps in the CDs. Here's a Google search on that.

3. risc macrumors 68030

risc

After you install Tiger all you need to do is chuck in your Panther restore disc and you'll get an option install bundled software, you can customise the list of stuff you want to install from here. No need for Pacifist here.

HTH

4. abc123 thread starter macrumors 6502

i did that and it didn't show up imovie or iphoto. i went to try again just before and it actually said in there that imovie, iphoto, isync, itunes and some other stuff are inside the "install mac os x" installer, i just didn't bother to read that the first time.

hopefully that is where pacifist comes in and it will be able to extract the installers for me so i don't have to install panther again just to rescue iphoto. thanks tech4all :D

5. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I've installed iLife 05 off restore CDs multiple times using the installed bundled software option. Maybe your restore CDs are different. Oh well Pacifist will do what you need.

6. abc123 thread starter macrumors 6502

my powerbook came with ilife 04 so it could have been that. i found it very strange that garage band and idvd would install from the software restore option but that the other ilife apps wouldn't. pacifist worked for me so a big thank you to both of you for offering me help, you've really saved me a lot of time and stress :)

7. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Yeah Pacifist is fantastic I've only ever needed it once but it was so good I paid for it straight away. It's definitely worth having just in case!