Restoring page in iWeb

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by livingfortoday, Jan 16, 2007.

1. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Ok, I made my web page in iWeb a while back, but never saved the /Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain.whatever file. Big mistake, apparently.

I have the files and everything of my page where I published them to a folder... is there any way to get iWeb to open them? I wanna keep working on my site in it, but it has no open or import option!

Thanks for any help you can give!

2. Gee macrumors 65816

I think you might be stuffed. Anyone else know better?

How/why did you get rid of the domain.whatever file?

PS though - there's rumor that iWeb 07 might be a bit more flexible than the current version, so you could wait for that and see if there's some option to import stuff. Not ideal I know...

3. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

Ah, I did a clean wipe and reinstall of my whole system about a month ago, and while I backed up all my personal files and all that jazz, I had no idea that iWeb was so... peculiar about things. I mean, it's a really weird way to do things. Apple's own help doc says you have to save that domain file and move it to another computer if you wanna work on your page on it. Weird.

4. Gee macrumors 65816

Yeh, a bit naff, no? You should add that file to your backups, along with the pesky iPhoto database file that keeps track of all your photos - prone to corruption apparently...

5. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah, I've started just doing a backup of my entire hard disk, seems safer that way, and easier to restore.

But yeah, please, if anyone has any ideas, they'd be much appreciated at this point. I took a look at the HTML files, and there's just too much detail in the spacing and whatnot that I can't set from a text document.