Restricting Internet Access/Mac OS 8.6

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Boss-Hog, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Boss-Hog macrumors newbie

Hi all, I am a Macintosh newbie who needs to install some software on an iMac for a client of mine. He is a manager of a small business and wants to get on the computer on internet so that he and his employees can send and receive email from customers, but he doesn't want the employees to be able to use the computer to browse the web/instant message/etc behind his back. The computer itself is old, running OS 8.6. Simply deleting the web browser is not an option so that employees can still visit the company web site (presumably, this it the only site that can accessed). What kind of software (or other solution) can accomplish for OS 8.6? If software must be purchased, that's not a problem, but I would prefer something that has a trial so that I can test its functionality in advance. I can tell you just about anything you want to know about a PC, but don't know a whole lot about Macs, so I would really appreciate it if any recommendation is kept as 'simple' as possible. Thanks a lot for the help.

Boss

2. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Solution...

Get rid off the computer. Tazer your employees. Tell the boss to be less of a dictator.