resubscribe to iTunes Match?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by CoriG, Nov 18, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Jun 7, 2011
    I originally subscribed to iTunes match on the day it was released, but then unsubscribed the same day because I really did not get it. There was very little information out there about how it works and when I could not get my music on my iphone 4s, I just gave up on it.

After a lot of research and better understanding it, I want to resubscribe now. Itunes will not let me resubscribe - I have to wait a year. Anyone have any ideas how to get around that? I have already called Apple and one customer service rep told me I was SOL. I cannot believe that apple will not allow to do it.

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
  2. macrumors 68000

Oct 8, 2009
    My advice is to never buy or put money into something when you know nothing about it, like you did. That way you avoid situations like this. So good luck with that bro, let us know how it turns out.

Also, if they say you're SOL, you most likely are:apple:
  3. macrumors 68000

Oct 3, 2010
    Paris, France
    I wasn't able to find any documentation on Apple's support site regarding subscribing, unsubscribing, and then re-subscribing but I did find some info that I'd check out in hopes that it solves this issue for you:

The above being the case, you may want to try the below and see if that helps:

Maybe give the above a try and let us know if that works. I'd imagine you aren't/won't be the only person to experience this.