Resume Templates?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mudger, Dec 6, 2005.

1. mudger macrumors member

Hey I know that MS allows you to download some good templates for Resume's but Apple doesnt

can anyone reccomend some good templates

I am thinking about iWork but i dont know if they have a resume template

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

No, Microsoft does not allow you to download "some good templates for Resume's." Microsoft's resume templates are too ornate and not fit for professional employment applications. Get a good book of resumes, read it carefully, and follow the advice that you read. You may also find a good website for assistance in developing your resume. Do not make the mistake of believing that a resume is good because it's pretty.

3. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

People (employers) who read resumes all day long can spot a template a mile a way, and it is never regarded as a good thing.

My honest advice is to no use a template at all, and just type it up in a classical and professional way.

4. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I usually base my judgement on the content of the resume, not the layout.

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Personally speaking, the only exception is when I've had to shortlist CVs for junior designers. Everything gets closely scrutinised then, sometimes mercilessly. :eek:

6. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I guess it varies by industry. A designer probably shouldn't use a template, since they are supposed to be creative, right?