Retail or Reseller

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by VanMac, Jul 27, 2005.

1. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

So, likely going for the 12" iBook.

There is a Apple Retail store near where I work in Toronto (Yorkdale Mall Location), so I can just buy one there when they come out.

There is also a Authorized Reseller near my house (Caledonia Ontario). Very nice guy, and the kicker is....no tax (they are on Indian Reserve property). He does charge slightly more list price, but in the end, it is cheaper. He would likely provide pretty good support, etc. 2 minutes from my house, and very helpful.

So, just thought I would see if anyone has some input into advantages over buying one from the other, if Retail store can offer me something a reseller cant, or whatever.

Thanks in advance.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

The reseller will be able to give you more personal service and presumably a larger range of third party options.

Apple can offer a degree of price protection and the possibility of replacements/upgrades if the book is bad and you stamp your feet loud enough. (the reseller is constrained to whatever Apple's warranty allows.)