iPad mini Retailer with free shipping and no tax to CA?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by unsped, May 9, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Looking to get an iPad mini 16gb w/ verizon and wondering what my options are at the moment. Is there a retailer I can place a phone order with and get free shipping / no tax?

Thanks,
    unsped

2. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

b&h photo comes to mind, but you're better off buying from walmart with their current discount. $299 plus tax is still less than $329 elsewhere.

:edit:
    it looks like walmart's discount is only for the 16gb wifi. if that was the model you wanted, it's still the way to go. otherwise, try b&h photo. i've had good experiences shopping from them. good return policy, too.

3. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Second B&H Photo. I bought many expensive electronics from them. Shipping is free and relatively quick. No tax. And excellent customer service.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh I thought BH was required to start charging tax with amazon etc.. last year. I will have to double check.

5. macrumors G3

Try J&R Electronics - 16GB iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular (Verizon) - call them and ask about shipping and such. And I know they're having a sale on pretty much all current iPads.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

BH isn't charging tax. I know the 299 16gb is a good deal right now, but I have unlmited LTE on my phone so sim swapping is just too irresistible. Thanks folks.

7. macrumors newbie

8. macrumors newbie

yeah,i think so, I thought BH was required to start charging tax with amazon etc.thanks [​IMG]

9. macrumors member

You could try StudentComputers.co.uk and see what they have available

10. macrumors G3

11. macrumors G3

Amazon charges sales tax for shipments to California and will be charging sales tax in more states over the next few months.

12. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

When is the last time you lived in CA long enough to order something from Amazon and have it shipped to your CA address?

They charge tax. If you live in CA, good luck not paying tax.

13. macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Get a Target debit card, tied to your checking account. No credit check, 5% off everything in the store, and currently offering a $30 discount on all iPad minis.
    So $299 - 5% = $275+tax.