Retina iMac in 2014?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Cyborg21, Oct 30, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

I heard that :apple: Apple is going to relase a Cheap iMac and a Retina iMac next year. (I think a Cheap iMac is a bad idea but a Retina iMac would be really awesome) Is it true? I really want an iMac with Retina Display. But what about price? Will it too expensive to buy? Is it worth it? Or will Apple really relase a cheap iMac and Retina iMac?

2. Guest

3. macrumors newbie

Current iMac display 108.79 PPI.

Who sits 81cm (32 inches) from a screen and works/us a iMac.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

Also will there a new design for iMac in 2014?

5. macrumors 6502a

Yeah, same or less CPU and GPU power, but it will be even THINNER at least. You know, since all our desks are buckling under the weight of these monster computers. :eek:

6. macrumors member

Lol. Yes it'll be called the iMac Air. It'll be a 27" ipad with a stand. :cool:

7. macrumors newbie

Lol. I can't wait for the iMac Air....

8. macrumors member

Ipadilac

I personally am not sure why Apple feels the need to make a desktop computer really thin? I see it with handheld devices as it makes it more appealing to carry around. But a desktop?? it sits on my desk.. there is zero benefit to having a computer that is thin in my opinion.

9. macrumors regular

I wouldn't be surprised if a retina imac does come out in 2014, but i think the thunderbolt display would be 4k before the imac does.

10. macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

lawl

11. macrumors 6502

I agree. I think we'll see a 4k ultra thin Apple Display to go with the Mac Pro well before a retina iMac. iMac with Retina is inevitable, but probably not for awhile yet.

12. macrumors regular

After buying my iMac... I thought to myself... "damn...why didn't i get this sooner?" .... i would rather enjoy my life sooner than wait and say "i want to wait until i get a 4k iMac or a 16k iMac"

Theres always another tomorrow after tomorrow...You're telling me you want to live tomorrow and not today? Not now?

13. macrumors 6502a

Zellio

Honestly, a 20" iMac that doubles as a tablet would be awesome................

14. macrumors 68030

nateo200

Its gonna happen lol

15. macrumors 604

It's not like any of you will be using the iMac with your eyes less than an inch away from the screen right... so retina or not, it doesn't matter.