Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garage Battle

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2007
Orlando, FL
Any suggestions for a briefcase that would fit a 13"? (i already know about sfbags - what else is there)

Leather or other nice material, professional but not gaudy

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I'm surprised we haven't seen a single hard shell case even mentioned yet by any manufacturer.

Me too. incase's web site says that "solutions" for the new MBPs are "coming soon." I have a 13" with TB on order and I'd like to find a thin, lightweight shell that protects the computer from scuffs and dents.

Reactions: MichiCroft

MichiCroft

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Me too. incase's web site says that "solutions" for the new MBPs are "coming soon." I have a 13" with TB on order and I'd like to find a thin, lightweight shell that protects the computer from scuffs and dents.

There's cases on amazon... kuzy, I-blason, etc. I ordered a clear case since it'll be coming out in the next week, but the others are coming in December...

TheBacklash

Suspended
Oct 23, 2013
There's cases on amazon... kuzy, I-blason, etc. I ordered a clear case since it'll be coming out in the next week, but the others are coming in December...
Can you post a link for those? Been searching and can't find anything out there yet, all old models.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003

Thanks!

As you said in your earlier post, these cases aren't available yet. One of them isn't supposed to be in stock on Amazon until Dec. 31. Given that my computer won't arrive until mid Dec., I'll probably wait a few weeks.

Like you, I'll probably order a clear case. The one I have on my MBA is opaque with multiple small holes. I'd prefer more of the computer to show through. It's also a bit thicker than I like. Years ago, I bought a film shield for a MacBook, but I never could get it installed right and it offered less protection than even a thin plastic shell.

Please let us know how the one you ordered works out.

schmidti91

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2016
Eisenach, Germany
Went with the Pack & Smooch sleeve. It's handmade in Germany using German wool and Italian leather.

I'm not willing to wait for Incase to come out with their sleeves which are probably Made in China and probably smell poisonous in the beginning o_O

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Being a student that takes crowded public transportation with a stuffed backpack, I'm also very concerned about keyboard marks on the screen. I see so many other kids with marks all over their Mac screens and it drives me crazy.

I've read complaints about keyboard covers saying they mark up the screen, so I'm not taking a risk with them. I think I'm going to pre-order one of these. Kind of expensive for what it is but I think it's the best way to stop the keyboard from contacting the screen. You can also keep the little paper film that the MBP comes with if you want a free option, but the Radtech doubles as a cloth that can clean smudges from the screen which I like.

Between the ScreenSavrz, a Best Skins Ever matte skin (assuming they release them), and a sturdy sleeve, I think my MBP will be pretty well protected during my commute. If anybody could recommend a bulky, protective (especially from pressure) sleeve for these laptops I'd appreciate it, although I'm sure there aren't many options yet. I want something I can run over with a car and feel confident that the MBP will be safe.
The Radtech Screensavrz works as advertised. I have one for my late 2011 MBP. According to their website, they won't be shipping the new ones until later this month.

MichiCroft

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Thanks!

As you said in your earlier post, these cases aren't available yet. One of them isn't supposed to be in stock on Amazon until Dec. 31. Given that my computer won't arrive until mid Dec., I'll probably wait a few weeks.

Like you, I'll probably order a clear case. The one I have on my MBA is opaque with multiple small holes. I'd prefer more of the computer to show through. It's also a bit thicker than I like. Years ago, I bought a film shield for a MacBook, but I never could get it installed right and it offered less protection than even a thin plastic shell.

Please let us know how the one you ordered works out.

Will do! I ordered the I blason case that comes out next week! I prefer clear anyway

xoutrageousx

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
I'm waiting for the first clear case to show up, in the past I have gone naked but it's been beat up. My brother has a 15" MBP with a clear case, thing is still brand new.

WolfSnap

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
Was literally about to order the Pack & Smooch -- but, realized that there's *no* padding -- it'll protect from scratches, but definitely no protection from drops/impacts...

It looks VERY nice, but, I want a bit of protection along with my fashion sense..

dtsisdead

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
I'm waiting for the first clear case to show up, in the past I have gone naked but it's been beat up. My brother has a 15" MBP with a clear case, thing is still brand new.

I'm kinda hoping that there'll be some clear skins. I hate the hard shell cases... my Late 2011 MBP has been through at least one a year until I gave up. Now is is banged up a bit.

Cassie2015

macrumors member
May 10, 2016
United States
Has any company come out with or has a preorder for an official microfiber sleeve for the 15" yet?

May be you wiil like this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HCF0ZMI
91v8nnc23PL._SL1300_.jpg

hj576

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2016
Netherlands
Any idea when the incase icon sleeve will be available. I am thinking of buying a cheaper (under 15 Euro) one for the time being as i need to go to university and i don't want to carry the new laptop without a sleeve, specially considering my laptop bag is for 15inch Laptops.
Any recommendation on cheaper sleeves that offer a bit of protection ? ?

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
Hope it's okay to post this. I just backed it on Kickstarter and it looks good for both a case/sleeve/bag combo.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1562350776/lift-and-go-beyond-carrying-your-macbook

Yeah, unless theres a handcuff attachment sold separately, I can see a lot of people getting their laptops stolen while walking or on the subway.
[doublepost=1479139703][/doublepost]
I was actually interested in this. My only concern was that it looked kinda of bulky from user photos and I was worried that the bubbles inside might mar the finish. They never mentioned whether its sold cloth or if its some rough type of texture.

Reactions: schmidti91
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.