Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
There is this i-Blason model on Amazon.com for $24.99 US and on the i-Blason site for $32.00 US:

https://www.amazon.com/MacBook-i-Blason-Soft-Touch-Frosted-Display/dp/B01M8O9OSE/

http://www.i-blason.com/15-inch-macbook-pro-halo-slim-case.html

I am tempted by the Frost Black one for my Space Grey MBP.

The i-Blason site says it isn't ready until Dec 7th, but there is no such message on the Amazon page. (UPDATE: I tested ordering this on Amazon.com and when checking out for a US address it says it would arrive between Dec 1-6 by free shipping - the only shipping option available for US addresses).

BTW, the above case is also available for the 2016 13" MBP model (says available Nov 30th - likely also on Amazon.com I'm guessing)

There is also an "Armorbox Tough Case" available from i-Blason in different colours - strangely only available for the 13" 2016 MBP model.

Clicking around on Amazon.com I see there is also a "Kuzy" brand of hard case/shell listed, but not available until ater Christmas... https://www.amazon.com/MacBook-Case-2016-A1707-Kuzy/dp/B01MXME581/

As none of these have currently launched, or have been reviewed by end users, I'd go with the most reputable brand if ordering now. i-Blason looks pretty solid by their website. I suspect Speck or Moshi, also good brands, might be working on something like this as well?

I was looking at that i-Blason and am really torn between not wanting to add bulk to it vs going without protection.

kippy

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2016
There is this i-Blason model on Amazon.com for $24.99 US and on the i-Blason site for $32.00 US:

https://www.amazon.com/MacBook-i-Blason-Soft-Touch-Frosted-Display/dp/B01M8O9OSE/

The i-Blason site says it isn't ready until Dec 7th, but there is no such message on the Amazon page. (UPDATE: I tested ordering this on Amazon.com and when checking out for a US address it says it would arrive between Dec 1-6 by free shipping - the only shipping option available for US addresses).

BTW, the above case is also available for the 2016 13" MBP model (says available Nov 30th - likely also on Amazon.com I'm guessing)

There is also an "Armorbox Tough Case" available from i-Blason in different colours - strangely only available for the 13" 2016 MBP model.

Clicking around on Amazon.com I see there is also a "Kuzy" brand of hard case/shell listed, but not available until ater Christmas... https://www.amazon.com/MacBook-Case-2016-A1707-Kuzy/dp/B01MXME581/

As none of these have currently launched, or have been reviewed by end users, I'd go with the most reputable brand if ordering now. i-Blason looks pretty solid by their website. I suspect Speck or Moshi, also good brands, might be working on something like this as well?

Groundcontrol, I signed up just to say "Thank You" for finding something like this (i-blason and similar product). I have been searching for the last week and just wasn't able to find anything similar to it. Thank you.

I am not getting my 15" MBP until Christmas Day, so I hope there will be reviews and/ or other brands have similar offering.

Reactions: groundcontrol

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I was looking at that i-Blason and am really torn between not wanting to add bulk to it vs going without protection.

Same for me. From the pic on I-Blason's website and Amazon, the case looks a bit thicker than I'd prefer, but I doubt if anyone else will have anything thinner. I may end up using just the bottom half, since that's the part that's most likely to get scuffed when I set it down on a hard surface.

Hook87

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2016
So, do I understand it correctly that the Incase Tensaerlite Sleeves are not yet made for the 2016 15 MBP?

In the Apple store there are two under USB-C MBP 15 listed.

I noticed that some people bought this case but if it does not fit the new MBP, the thinner design won't have any benefit if you put it in a case for a older modell...

monkeydax

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2012

There's something I don't quite understand and wonder whether anyone can explain. I've been using a Moshi iGlaze on my rMBP 15" now, and I've considered getting something cheaper. But everything else has those holes at the underside supposedly for ventilation (I mean in the middle of the bottom part and not the vents at the side). Why is that so??? It looks really unsightly to me. The Moshi iGlaze has no such holes underneath and works perfectly.

benz240

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2008
Is anyone using a Timbuk2 messenger bag with their 2016 13" MBP? What size and how is the fit?

George78

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2016
Athens, Greece
Hi guys , I wonder if hard shell cases could scratch or cause blemishes on the space gray MacBook especially where the clips snap on the case . Any thoughts?

Nick11Mac

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2011
California
I ordered the Pack & Smooch wool and leather case for 13" tMBP. It arrived today and fits perfectly. Magnetic closures and a slim pocket on the front. Hand stitched wool with Italian leather is a nice touch. Highly recommended.

Will look into this brand, thanks.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
Thanks for all of the Pack and Smooch recommendations... ordered mine today.. it's expensive (£55) but hopefully worth it and last a few years.

Also, thanks for the 10% discount code someone posted earlier :)

laerning

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Hey there,

is there a good Sleeve for the both new MacBook Pro 15" w/ TouchBar AND the iPad Pro 12,9"?

Kaelbron

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2011
Hello!

I have Macbook Pro 13(Retina, Mid 2014) and I am looking for hardcase/hardshell to my computer and any sleeve or something that so I can take with the computer when I'm are on the go. I am looking for any briefcase as the BookBook Travel Journal. Any Suggestions?

xmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2016
CA
Actually, my friend recommend me tomtoc another sleeve, which perfectly fit for my Late-2016 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, checking the review, the 14 inch also fit for 15 macbook pro late-2016
check it here: https://www.amazon.com/Tomtoc-11-6-...8-3&keywords=new+macbook+pro+late-2016+sleeve
Got this one (the 14") delivered today and I can confirm it fits the new 15". The fit is pretty tight, however, but it works. Getting that lip near the zipper at the top over the laptop edge is harder than I'd like, but it will fit with some effort. Zipper closes without too much hassle.

Given how cheap this one was it's a good temporary solution for my needs, but I'll definitely still be looking for a new one when more are released.

Reactions: Cassie2015

joewelch4

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2010
Thanks for all of the Pack and Smooch recommendations... ordered mine today.. it's expensive (£55) but hopefully worth it and last a few years.

Also, thanks for the 10% discount code someone posted earlier :)

Same here, ordered mine today. I love that you can charge it while it's in the case.

DavidLynch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2015
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Incase slim sleeve for 12.9" iPad Pro is a great fit for the new MacBook Pro.

sleim031

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2016
London UK | Zagreb CRO
Can the slight wobbling in the Tensaerlite Icon 15" damage the 2016 15" MBP in any way?

I dont mind having a bigger sleeve as long as it fully protects my new MBP while in a bag or something... Although I wouldnt like the movement of the thinner MBP in the case to damage it in any way...

McKeown

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Has anyone received the I-blason hard cover for the new MacBooks yet? I have one on order and I'm curious to see how they fit.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
Can the slight wobbling in the Tensaerlite Icon 15" damage the 2016 15" MBP in any way?

I dont mind having a bigger sleeve as long as it fully protects my new MBP while in a bag or something... Although I wouldnt like the movement of the thinner MBP in the case to damage it in any way...

No but the case is so wide that it couldn't fit in one of my backpacks and barely fits in the other.

There is noticeable wiggle in the case. Shouldn't be any issue though.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
Same here, ordered mine today. I love that you can charge it while it's in the case.

well.. it would be more useful if the charging connector had that status light on which the magsafe used to. But yes, still useful to have it charge whilst in the sleeve.

hopefully the shipping is quick on these sleeves - anyone know if they received theirs in less than a week?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.