Retina Macbook Pro Refresh?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Richy23, Jan 6, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

At some point this year I'm hoping to upgrade from my 2009 17" Macbook Pro and am targeting the 15" Retina Macbook Pro. I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea of when they may be refreshed this year?

As I'm at university I know I can get education discount, and that they also run a 'back to school' promotion throughout the summer.

Is it likely that they'll refresh the Retina Macbook Pro's before August/September?

Just wondering when it'll be best to buy!

Thank you! :):apple:

2. macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Yes ,

or maybe not

3. macrumors 68030

Flip a coin. Heads they will. Tails they wont.

4. macrumors 65816

duervo

There will be something done to help spark renewed interest in their products. It happens every year.

Probably safest to expect sometime before the end of the year. I think expecting it sooner might a bit too optimistic.

I would expect there to be some sort of refinement to the CPU options (like slightly higher clock speeds), perhaps some additional storage options, and maybe something like bumping up RAM options to 16GB. Other than that, I wouldn't expect them to do anything more than that until somewhere in the first half of 2014.

5. macrumors G4

Given that the Haswell processors are expected sometime in late Q2, based on Apple's history it seems reasonable to think that both the 15" and 13" rMBPs will be updated late summer (perhaps August to catch the back to school crowd). I think the 13" came out a bit later this year because of yield issues with the display, since certainly the rest of the parts were available as they are common throughout the MacBook line.

6. macrumors 68020

Squilly

I'm planning on waiting it out as well. The back to school sale works with the education discount?

7. macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

Definitely. Apple won't miss out on the back to school rush by trying to market year old laptops.

8. macrumors 6502a

It should come around June around the same time haswell comes out

9. macrumors 6502a

Although I do think you'll get a refresh before the back to school promotion, the retina is probably not marketed at the "back to school" crowd.