retrieving lost messages in mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by excalibur313, Sep 12, 2005.

1. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

My mailbox was getting really huge online so I thought that I could just empty it because I had all the messages on my computer in mail. Little did I know when I deleted them online it got rid of them in mail too. Is there anyway I can retrieve them? I know this is such a noob thing to do but I noticed that when I deleted things in mail it didn't reflect that online so I thought that it wasn't connected like that. Thank you so much for your help
    Stephen

2. excalibur313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

You have to make it so you download it to your computer to be able to delete on server and not delete your messages.

And make constant backups of your emails (i just had .Mac decide to randomly delete an entire folder of emails so i had to use a backup and get pissed off at .Mac)

Other than that your SOL

I think you can create folders on your Mac and move your messages there so if you delete on server it wont delete on your Mac.

4. opusthe2nd macrumors 6502

opusthe2nd

For future use, get a gmail address and have every incoming email forwarded there....just as a backup.