Return my wireless Mighty Mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dhc, Feb 2, 2007.

1. dhc macrumors regular

I know there's a million threads on 'my mighty mouse won't right click' etc etc, but none of them seem to address my problem.

Bought a wireless mighty mouse this evening, after about 2 good years with the wired version. As such, I know how to set it up correctly, and the dos and don'ts of successfully registering a right click. Never had a big problem with my wired one, but despite applying the same settings to my new wireless one, I cannot get the right click to function? I've reset mouse, and restarted my MBP, to no avail. Do you think I've just got a duff one that needs returning, or can you suggest another potential remedy?

Cheers

David

2. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

you probably know this, but is any of your finger on the left part of the mouse?

3. dhc thread starter macrumors regular

Nope. I've gone to (really) stupid lengths to ensure this isn't happening..

Edit. Here's the weird thing. If I change the left click to secondary, and the right click to primary, both sides function as per their settings.:confused:

Edit 2. Here's a thought - I've had an Apple single button wireless mouse previously paired with this machine, although I've deleted the pairings, could there be a conflict in the prefs or something (grasping at straws really, not sure what I'm talking about..)

Edit 3. it appears that a combination of identifying just the right spot, and a stabbing motion will *sometimes* result in a contextual menu... I call duff and will exchange it in the morning - my good experiences with the wired variety suggest that there is a fault here (I hope!)

FINAL EDIT - Returned and replaced the mouse - this one works as well as expected.