Return of the King!

Discussion in 'Community' started by couch potato, Oct 1, 2003.

1. couch potato macrumors regular

HERE!! is the Return of the King movie trailer, just in. Looks better than the second one, to me anyway:)

oh, and there is a Matrix Revolutions trailer out- you can find it at gamespy

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

If the books are any indication, Return of the King will be the best of the trilogy :)

3. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

This is going to be one very long movie. There is so much to cover. They didn't even get through all the material that is in the second book in the last film. I'm just crossing my fingers that Jackson is not going to cut out parts like the "Scouring of the Shire" to make the film short enough for the average movie goer. I have to say the Balrog scenes in the first two movies give me hope for Jackson's ability to handle scenes like Shelob and others in the third book.

4. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Indeed it will be.

But remember, they didn't include a portion of the 2ed book.

(They *just* got into the 2ed Part to the 2ed Book, so they need like a book and a 4/9 to go)

It will kick ass!

Woo, preordering tickets as we type.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, I am looking forward to "LOR: Return Of The King." Each one seems to get better.

6. Waluigi macrumors 6502

Re: Return of the King!

Just in? Where have you been? It's been out for almost a week!

--Waluigi

7. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

There will be some incredible scenes in this. I'm looking forward to Shelob, the Mt. Doom 'incident' and Meriadoc's slaying of the Nazgul.

8. Xero macrumors 6502

between this and revolutions, man its going to be a hell of a winter for movies.

9. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah only worth Billions...

:p

10. Waluigi macrumors 6502

I've heard rumors that Return of the King will have a running time of 3.5 hours for the theatrical release....that can only be good for the extended edition....

source

--Waluigi

11. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

I thought you meant 'Kong'

Just kidding.....

I cannot wait for the movie to be released here in Japan.

But more importantly, the 25 disc special edition extended directors cut widescreen enhanced DVD version of 'ROTK' at the end of next year!

WooHoo

12. Xero macrumors 6502

kick ASS. idk what peoples grip is with long movies. hey if its a good 4 hours, then so be it! :)

13. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Re: Re: Return of the King!

Uhhhh, a pirated copy was available a week ago,and has been in the cinemas since last Friday, but the actual, official, high quality trailer was released online only Tuesday evening on lordoftherings.net. It's wonderful! Brings tears to my eyes every time I see it.

When I saw it in the cinemas, I had tears streaming down my cheeks. It may sound crazy, but 'The Lord of the Rings' is as close a thing to religion/spirituality that many of us have.

14. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I thought Merry merely wounded the Witch-king. Dernhelm (Eowyn) did the actual slaying.

Not to be a bother, but..... :D:D:D

15. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

Re: Re: Re: Return of the King!

Oh man, why do people read too much into their trilogies? First it was the Jedis and now this. What next, feral Matrix fans getting together for grotty underground raves, saying things like "We are all part of The Matrix" to each other?

Seriously, LOTR is the new Star Wars. This has to be the best movie trilogy ever. It has inspired people's imaginations like no other trilogy since the original Star Wars.