Return to Castle Wolfenstein Question

Discussion in 'Games' started by Heart Break Kid, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Heart Break Kid macrumors 6502a

Hey. I will be getting my 17" PB G4 with 1 GB RAM on tuesday according to fed-ex, and was wondering whether it would run RTCW. I dont mean just run it, I mean run it without getting all choppy and stuff. Has anyone run it on an Ti Book with similar specs? I would really really really like to know how it runs. Also just got my MOH - AA, Spearhead is gonna be ordered next week. How do they run? Are these games super taxing on the comp? Any screens of either game running would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

With no problem,it runs fine on my 800 with no l3 so if you have a 1 giger and l3 plus all that memory you will do fine. Very good game!Medal of honor you may experience some slow down, perhaps at the normandy beach landing but again it should be very playable. Doom3 well that just may make you cry. This is another reason apple needs to get off the g4. As of now there isnt any game that shouldnt purr on that fancy lap top.

3. Heart Break Kid thread starter macrumors 6502a

heh

thanks
    i was freaking out that itd get allll choppy and stuff in the middle. ahhh the days of wolf. the last wolf game i played was 3d. remember those days? with codes like IDDQD lol for god mode and stuff? *sniff* takes me back to grade 4/5

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

One good thing about the new game is you wont have to push on every brick on every wall. but there are plenty of secrets.

5. Steradian macrumors 6502

Hey, I have a 1ghz G4 PB, and I always enjoy having the graphics turned up in ANY game I play, so for me the game becomes a bit chopy. My best suggestion for you is to put RTCW on OS 9 and OS X. You will get better frame rates when in 9 though.... enjoy RTCW hope to see you in game I am:
    ^^Arcturis

6. chewbaccapits macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

Its some what choppy for me but thats because I have an older g4 450 mhz computer. I have bought a 64meg ATI video card...But it still run great..Pretty awesome.....But I'm WAY sure it runs hella great on a 1 giger..

7. Heart Break Kid thread starter macrumors 6502a

mmmm

good stuff
    thank god ppl actually check the gaming forums
    i was scared that id have to post the question in the hardware disc.

so any other games i should be looking out to pick up?

i got medal of honor - aa and spear head
    RTCW

and thats pretty much it

SC i got for my craptel peecee
    i think ill get the mac version of WC3
    not sure

anyother suggesitons?

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

If your into racing f1 & nascar2002, i like the nascar one. Also just to mention UT2003 should be released for mac any day now, Halo this summer,and Doom3 maybe before christmas. Dont know if you know this but www.insidemacgames.com is a great place for gaming info on the mac.

9. altivec 2003 macrumors regular

Warcraft for mac

If "WC3" stands for Warcraft 3 then you don't need to buy a new copy. The pc copy and the mac copy are both on the same disc ;)

10. Heart Break Kid thread starter macrumors 6502a

umm
    my wc3 is burned and cracked
    :)
    i only have the peeeceee version on that disc

11. altivec 2003 macrumors regular

wc3

Oh ;) so is mine, but it was unaltered from the original form. ;) oooppps what did I admit:eek: wait... that was all a lie! :)