Return to Sender short film using mini35

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by revzombie13, Aug 1, 2006.

1. revzombie13 macrumors newbie

Aug 1, 2006
    Short film I shot last summer usin Canon XL2 and the mini35 adapter INFO! I was impressed by the result images it produced. It is the only way to go if doing low budget film making. I provided the links to the movie below. I look forward to any feedback or questions anyone has.

Movie on Google Video

Movie on YouTube

Howard Sumner
    Hatchway Digital Productions
  2. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Jan 11, 2005
    Little grey, chilly island.
    I really loved it!

The most important thing; it had me hooked - right from the first few seconds. The only thing is that (being dumb as I am!) I wanted some kind of closure on the story but it didn't happen for me. But this is artistic.

By the way - the music - you used a composer I presume?

Fabulous!! :)
  3. Jopling macrumors 6502

Jul 14, 2004
    How much did it cost you to rent that lens out? It costs like $7,500 ridiculous man.
  4. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Feb 16, 2005
    Lyon, France
    The crappy Google/youtube quality makes it hard to appreciate the visual quality, but I could tell you had a good DP. Always need someone good when it comes to DV; especially if you want to make it look like film.

I made a similar film a couple years ago. ( I don't want to steal your thunder or anything, but maybe you'd find it interesting.
  5. revzombie13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 1, 2006
    Yeah the whole unit is a ridiculous price and has to be rented. There is a cheaper solution coming out called the guerilla 35 set to be priced at around $1500 for the whole adapter.
  6. DrRock macrumors regular

Jun 18, 2005

Looks good! It's hard to really see the quality of the Super35 on the internet, what with all the pixelization. Colors looked great though!