Return to Sender short film using mini35

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by revzombie13, Aug 1, 2006.

1. revzombie13 macrumors newbie

Short film I shot last summer usin Canon XL2 and the mini35 adapter INFO! I was impressed by the result images it produced. It is the only way to go if doing low budget film making. I provided the links to the movie below. I look forward to any feedback or questions anyone has.

Movie on Google Video

Movie on YouTube

Howard Sumner
    Hatchway Digital Productions
    hatchway@sbcglobal.net

2. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

I really loved it!

The most important thing; it had me hooked - right from the first few seconds. The only thing is that (being dumb as I am!) I wanted some kind of closure on the story but it didn't happen for me. But this is artistic.

By the way - the music - you used a composer I presume?

Fabulous!! :)

3. Jopling macrumors 6502

How much did it cost you to rent that lens out? It costs like $7,500 ridiculous man.

4. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

The crappy Google/youtube quality makes it hard to appreciate the visual quality, but I could tell you had a good DP. Always need someone good when it comes to DV; especially if you want to make it look like film.

I made a similar film a couple years ago. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RosSOHviYKc) I don't want to steal your thunder or anything, but maybe you'd find it interesting.

5. revzombie13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah the whole unit is a ridiculous price and has to be rented. There is a cheaper solution coming out called the guerilla 35 set to be priced at around $1500 for the whole adapter.

6. DrRock macrumors regular

^

Looks good! It's hard to really see the quality of the Super35 on the internet, what with all the pixelization. Colors looked great though!