Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
After using a Jet Black 7 Plus for a week or so, I decided that the black bezel wasn't for me. Today I swapped it out for a gold model (with a white bezel, as I have had for the past 3 years) and instantly felt right at home. I must admit that the glossy exterior looks more premium, but I always use a case so this wasn't too important.

Just a short thread about my opinion :D

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
I've been using a black bezel ever since the iPhone 4.. got really sick of it and have finally changed to a white bezel with gold casing this year. The white interface blends in really well with the white bezel and somehow makes me feel better when using it. The craze for black iPhones also made getting a white bezeled phone much easier this year.

Reactions: SuperKerem

maxsquared

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2009
London
I prefer the gold phone, had one since 6, and was going to get the gold one as well, until I saw the ugly write antenna line in person, it ruins everything, I've settled for a Matt Black one.

Reactions: SuperKerem

double329

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2008
I went back and forth. I always ended up with Gold/White and that is what I have for 7plus. My picked up black for my kids.

mattysmith118

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2016
South West Wales
After using a Jet Black 7 Plus for a week or so, I decided that the black bezel wasn't for me. Today I swapped it out for a gold model (with a white bezel, as I have had for the past 3 years) and instantly felt right at home. I must admit that the glossy exterior looks more premium, but I always use a case so this wasn't too important.

Pic please? xD

Whats your opinion on the matte black?

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx

Nice! I chose silver from the get go. I too love the white bezel. I'll probably never own a black iPhone again, too dark, boring, depressing.

daviddth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2009
Australia
Nice! I chose silver from the get go. I too love the white bezel. I'll probably never own a black iPhone again, too dark, boring, depressing.
Opposite here. Every time I use the daughter or wifes white front phone I hate them. Cant stand to read or watch a video on them at all

Complex757

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2016
I had gold before and got matte black this time

I got tired of the white. Black makes the bezel seem smaller and it also doesn't distract when watching a movie.

Reactions: jbachandouris

Americasteam

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2014
Had a matte black 7 Plus and traded it for silver. Love white phones. My 6S Plus was also black and I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

Reactions: Edge1978

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I had gold for my iPhone 6+, but went with space gray for my 6s+. Chose Matte Black this time as I prefer the black bezel. I won't lie though, I really do like the gold.

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore

I get how you feel! Somehow, the black bezels of an iPhone and especially an iPad makes me feel depressed, I can't explain but it just makes me feel that way. People always argue that white bezels distracts, but it has never once distracted me from the content. My brushed silver bezeled LG TV doesn't distract either..

The only thing I like about the black bezels on the iPhone is when the screen is off, it looks seamless as one piece of black glass.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

I ordered the Silver iPhone 7 and Gold 7 Plus. I wanted a change from the black bezel with Space Gray. Received the Gold yesterday and it looks great. I really like the white bezel too, when I thought I wouldn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.