All iPads Returning and Ipad and getting a cash refund without a receipt

Discussion in 'iPad' started by itismadhan, Dec 21, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Hey guys,

I got an iPad 4 as a Christmas bonus through work and I want to return it. I wanna know if I can get cash from the apple store instead of store credit? I already have an iPad mini, macbook air and apple tv. Don't need anything from the apple store right now. Will they give me a cash refund without the receipt?

2. macrumors 68040

Nope. You will not get cash unless you present the original receipt and within the time frame. If you got the iPad as a bonus, returning for store credit is also questionable as all stores may not do it, if any (I could be wrong about this).

Your best bet is to sell it… craigslist will probably give the most money if you find someone.

3. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

I can't imagine the Apple store giving you cash without a receipt. As saberahul mentioned, your best bet is to try and sell it.

4. macrumors demi-god

FWIW, when I worked there, if the price was over a certain amount ($250?), even if you paid in cash, you couldn't get a cash refund. You'd get a check mailed back from an accounting office in TX or something.

Ah, looks like that's been upped:

http://www.apple.com/legal/sales_policies/retail_us.html

5. macrumors demi-god

firedept

No! I paid cash for an iPad 3 and 2 days later found out the iPad 4 was coming to stores. Returned my iPad 3 to Apple Store (as I wanted the iPad 4) and they gave me an Apple Gift Card instead since I was going to purchase the iPad 4 anyway. Told that I could have cash if I preferred, only because I paid cash and had the receipt. I honestly do not think you will have any luck with getting cash back for it especially from the Apple Store.

6. thread starter macrumors member

How long is the apple gift card valid though?

7. macrumors 68030

Indefinitely - they don't expire. But you'll still need a receipt - or it needs to have been bought from an Apple store (they can find the receipt if it was).

8. macrumors demi-god

firedept

Indefinitely, but can only be used at Apple Store. Not for apps or iTunes.