Returning BTO iMac in the UK?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Nandifix, Dec 20, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

May 10, 2012
    Hello, my friend recently received his BTO iMac with 1TB Fusion drive that he bought from the UK HE store.

He is now telling me that he has changed his mind about the product and wants to return it. How would he go about doing this as I am not much help on this matter I thought you guys may have more knowledge.

Is there a restocking fee in the UK?

2. macrumors 68000

Dec 17, 2009
    Folsom, CA
    Apple's return policy is a purchase can be returned within 14 days, there would be no restocking fee. After 14 days he cannot return it however he may beg the mercy of the store manager. This is assuming he bought it from an Apple Store either Brick and Mortar or the online store. If he bought from an Apple reseller then he's at the mercy of the reseller's sales policies. Very very simple policy. Had he read his receipt this probably is explained on it too. Because it's a BTO, if it's less than 14 days old all he has to do is call the online store and ask to return it.
  3. macrumors 65816

Jun 30, 2010
    All you have to do is ring Apple and arrange for them to come and collect it. A UPS driver will come and knock on your door and you hand the package over. Really simple.
  4. macrumors 6502

May 13, 2008
    why ?
  5. thread starter macrumors 6502

May 10, 2012
    Ok so he would receive the full price he paid for the iMac? No fees at all?

Thanks guys.
  6. Moderator

Staff Member

Oct 11, 2005
    The Black Country, England
    Apple UK's returns policy is listed on the online store.
  7. thread starter macrumors 6502

May 10, 2012