returning products to Apple.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mackaveli, May 3, 2005.

1. mackaveli macrumors regular

Hi just ordered a ACD 23" but than i read problems with pink casting or something and there is the cheaper Dell 2405FPW.

my order is already in the prepared to be shipped so i cannot cancel the order which sucks. But than i read about the return policy. I know it says if the item is opened than you get a 10% charging fee, but if i leave everything in its original packaging, i shouldnt be charged the 10% fee and get a full refund?

Also should i get the packaged insured? and what not cause it would suck to lose the item beign shipped to apple. Thanks.

oh btw i will have to pay for shipping as well than right?
    that sucks,

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, if the package is not opened there will not be a 10% restocking fee. Apple will credit you back on whatever method of payment that you originally used. You should pay for insurance. Its protection in case the Mac is lost or damaged. You should use UPS or Fed-EX so that you will get a tracking number.

3. mackaveli thread starter macrumors regular

do you know the location of apple where they ship from so ic an get an estimate from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada to the place cause the ACD is 25pounds so i hope shipping isnt too expensive.

Also do you know if i would call customer support if they would cancel the order even though it says preparing for shipment?
    its been like that for 8hrs now.

thanks

edit- i can just use the box apple shipped the ACD monitor right, and just change the information, or just tell fedex to return to sender but write the RMA number on it?

4. wiseguy27 macrumors 6502

wiseguy27

Call Apple

I'd suggest calling Apple right away - you'd be better off knowing their policies and the procedures now (and if they're willing to cancel, that'd be good too).

5. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Last time i checked, it was Apple's policy that they could charge you a restocking fee even if the product was unopened, if you didn't have good reason to return it. Are you sure you want to exchange that much? Is the cost to ship it back + the cost to get the new one really going to save you enough to make it worth it?

6. mackaveli thread starter macrumors regular

well i called the customer support #, and the girl said i wouldnt be charged a 10% restocking fee, and i asked if i could cancel it but she said no. Well, i now want to get the Dell 2405 monitor but than on the american dell site it says ships in 3weeks so it might take awhile for dell.ca to ship it.

Also shipping wont be that expensive i think around 25dollars and if i can get the dell 2405 i save about 200 which i can spend on ram.

7. iGary Guest

iGary

Keep the monitor, if it is defective you can return it.

Plus, you won't have to look at [​IMG] all day. ;)