Returning replacement for iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mohsy90, May 26, 2011.

1. macrumors 65816

mohsy90

I had a 24" Apple Cinema Display that was causing some serious flickering problems with the new Macbook Pro 13" that was recently released. So i gave apple a call and apparently they don't have a fix and offered to upgrade my 24" ACD to the new 27" apple cinema display for free. My question is, i was thinking of getting an imac and i just received the new 27" display in the mail and its yet to be opened.

So what are the chances i can bring this new display to my apple store and just pay the difference to get a 21.5" imac? Its an upgraded replacement, so im not sure if they'll take it back for a return to obtain an imac. Any idea's?

2. macrumors 68000

Your best bet is to visit, if possible, the store and ask nicely to the manager assuming the 27" display is in new, retail packaging vs being a brown box?

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Idk why, i kinda get the feeling im somehow cheating the system, by having an 8 month old 24" ACD replaced for a 27" and then using its retail price of $999 to get a $1199 imac. I just wanted to get the 24" fixed or replaced for another 24" but the 27" is just a tad too big for my office desk and seeing i have a brand new one in retail packaging, i figured why not just see if i can trade it in for a new iMac. Lets see, i'm gonna the apple store.