Returns and Stre Credit

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Flyinace2000, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

I have recently complete my *********.com obligations and will be getting a new 20 gig iPod. If i do not open the box will i be able to bring it to an apple store and exchange it for a 40 gig or the new 60 gig ipods and only paying the difference. I would tell them it was a gift and i do not have the reciept. Will it work?

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

I don't think that anyone accepts items back without a reciept. You can try though. Might want to try and sell it to someone you know for like $250, 50 bucks off what people would spend for it else where, and then buy the 40. The 20 isn't that bad of a size though. I would probably understand if you got the mini, and wanted to upgrade to the 20 for $50 more.

Now, why did you blank out the url. Or did you use a bad word.

3. Gee macrumors 65816

I think he typed 'free ipods' .com, which is some kind of scam pyramid sales site that dupes people into thinking they're gonna get a free one by signing up for crappy marketing stuff and then getting another 5 people to sign up. There have been a few threads already about it - it is, of course, a scam, and the chap is not gonna get the ipod he thinks is on the way...

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch...

4. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

How many times do people REALLY have to go over this? It is not a SCAM, as you so get an iPod, gift certificate, etc. My brother did it and no one believes him and all the other people on the internet who claim to have completed everything and got their iPod...but he is now the one listening to a zillion songs on his 4th gen iPod. It's not a scam and if you would do some research and find out why and how they are making so much money that they can get you an iPod.

Gosh.

Also, I know I have returned items before without receipts and everytime they have said that I can't get my money back but they can give me store credit. I have even done this at stores that offer the same products, simply because it was a gift from a store that I don't have anywhere around me.

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

It's a pyramid scheme. It's not a scam, but spam. To get an iPod requires others to sign up to the service via stupid referral links. Sure, it's for real, and you do get real 20GB iPods, but it also requires spamming or tricking people into signing up for the same stupid bull****. It's not allowed here.

Should we go over it again?

6. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

Perhaps we should. First, it is not a pyramid scheme. It is not reliant on more and more people coming in, though that is its purpose. Also, there is no tricking or spamming people as most people get people they know or people who want to try it out, to be their referral. Perhaps you have never taken a look at at, and perhaps you have, but there is no way that you could "trick" someone into completing the required steps. The companies aren't spam either as they are services people use every second of the day, AOL, Blockbsuter Movies, eBay, credit cards. No one is posting links here or saying to be their referral, so there is not reason that this can't be discussed.

7. Flyinace2000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

Thanks all for answering my question. I too was skeptical. When i do get my free ipod i will report back. I hope to exchange it for the 40 (or 60 :-D). We shall see how it goes. Thanks

-Will

PS
    When are new powerbooks coming out!

PPS
    joking

8. King Cobra macrumors 603

Acknowledged, but I want to make a distinction. The spam-related "it" I talked about earlier is the action of posting the referral links here. That is all.

9. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

This is true. And that is the reason that everyone hates mention of the site because of what comes of it from people that do spam the internet with the links.

10. Flyinace2000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

Just to be clear. Will the apple store take the exhange granted i get the same exact packaging?

11. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

No clue..I guess it depends on where you go and who you get that day.

12. filmmaker2002 macrumors regular

You must have proof the iPod was purchased from an Apple Store. Without that they won't do a thing.

13. Flyinace2000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

Even if it was a gift from a relative who is out of town?

14. filmmaker2002 macrumors regular

They can keep track of the serial numbers purchased in Apple Retail Stores.