Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Fahd, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Fahd macrumors regular

Oct 26, 2003
    In my haste I accidentally purchased 2 airport extreme cards via the apple online store. This was late at night so I couldnt call and cancel immediately. Well I called the next day and while the products hadnt shipped yet, its already gone through apples shipping process and therefore cannot be cancelled. The two products will be shipped separately, different dates. So my question is can I just refuse a package when Fedex/UPS brings it in? (To avoid fees on shipping it back to apple.) I know I can just write "Return to sender!" and send it back via USPS, if it was shipped that way. But apple uses Fedex/UPS. Any ideas?
  2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    Well, if those don't work, there's always eBay.
  3. jamesatzones macrumors regular

Aug 29, 2003
    Refuse the package! Apple will then have to take it back and issue a refund. That is an industry wide standard, except for something like a special order or BTO...
  4. Fahd thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 26, 2003
    Thanks for that! :) I wasnt sure if I could do the same with fedex/ups. Its a standard airport extreme card off their web site, so I guess it shouldnt be a problem then. Thanks again!
  5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    hehe i actually had two cell phones dleivered to my dorm two months ago, they delivered it to my dorm i signed from the dorm office b4 i realized they were the same thing...
    went to the local fedex office and refused delivrery because i didn't officially sign for it ... hehee