Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drmalan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
Is there a possible way to use a Rev A Macbook air on the new 24" LED Cinema Display?
Are there adapters for Rev A Macbook Air allowing them to use the mini display port?

Seems unwise for Apple to make a product that is less than 8 months old obsolete.

Kan-O-Z

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
Right now there isn't. As a matter of fact, this applies to all Apple computers that are just a few months old and don't have a display port. I'm sure someone will make an adapter soon as Apple has made it's mini display port an open standard.

Why don't you look at the 23" Cinema Display instead. It's a great monitor and it's cheaper.

Kan-O-Z

AIRniloc

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2008
anozira
Right now there isn't. As a matter of fact, this applies to all Apple computers that are just a few months old and don't have a display port. I'm sure someone will make an adapter soon as Apple has made it's mini display port an open standard.

Why don't you look at the 23" Cinema Display instead. It's a great monitor and it's cheaper.

Kan-O-Z

its also smaller, doesn't have a built-in iSight, and doesn't have a glass glossy screen either :)

LinMac

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007
Just wait for retailers such as monoprice.com to start selling generic versions of the needed cables. :D

n8kwx

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2008
i am so losst as to why they cant connect....

It's doubtful that without some $100+ adapter that it would ever work.

It's kind of like why you can't hook up your Firewire drive to the USB port on your air. The DVI and DisplayPort are different standards...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.