Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reptiledude4

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Hi, I was wondering if a 1.8 GHz 64 GB SSD MBA would have any issues with streaming video.

Thanks in advance

Airforcekid

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
United States of America
If your watching say Hulu and Safari is the only thing open it should work good but for the same price you can get a refurb rev:b with better ram graphics etc that would easily stream video.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
If your watching say Hulu and Safari is the only thing open it should work good but for the same price you can get a refurb rev:b with better ram graphics etc that would easily stream video.

What? Before you have ripped on me for advising people to go with B/C over original MBA.

To the OP, there have been hundreds if not thousands of threads about the original MBA stuttering and skipping videos of all sorts and types. The SSD and CoolBook help a little bit.

I highly recommend a rev B/C with SSD for the best experience with excellent graphics/video performance. The original had a amerom CPU, Intel integrated graphics, slower RAM, and a PATA drive/controller. The rev B/C have Penryn CPU, Nvidia GPU (4x-6x orig MBA's graphics), faster RAM, and SATA-II drive/controller. Basically, the rev B/C are superior in every way.

Also, the HDD is a slow 4200 rpm drive. The SSD will make the MBA feel like a MBP. It's fast and fun. For $1299 you can buy a rev B 1.86 GHz MBA with SSD! That is at Apple.com in refurbished section and comes with one-year warranty like new. Also, I highly doubt these are refurbished. It's much more likely they're leftover stock as most report they not only look like new but also have zero or one battery cycle which is what new one's ship with.

Good luck with whichever model you choose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.