Rev A vs Rev B(iMac G5)please help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by iMAC G5dreamer, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iMAC G5dreamer macrumors member

Jun 9, 2004
    hey guys i have a rev A (iMac G5)but im planning to sell it and buy the rev B,my question is .Do you think is really worth or not?(taking into account that my iMac have not had any issue with the fans so far,it's a 20" custom-made,bluetooth etc.)Im asking because i live in VENEZUELA and selling is quite difficult as well for buying because they are way more expensive here ,so my only resource is to buy it through a re-seller in the USA and ship it here(that is expensive as well).I think that the rev. B is quite better specially for the graphics card.and the HD capacity, but im not sure whether to stick with rev A or go for the B

thanks a lot guys ,i specially want to feedback for the fans issue that has been hovering around for a long time(does the rev B as this problem?)

2. Willy S macrumors 6502

May 8, 2005
    I would definately not sell. It would make more sense to buy Applecare if you are afraid of you imac giving up on you soon.
  3. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    I second Willy's suggestion... if your Rev. A has seen no major issues thus far, and you feel the peformance is adequate, than why go through extra headaches and hassles?

Get the AppleCare, however, and IF anything starts acting up, rest assured that you can have the machine repaired or possibly replaced! Maybe even a nice Rev. B... ;)
  4. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

Mar 15, 2005
    I would sell it. I do this with my notebooks. It is fun to get a new machine, after several years it adds up to the same price you would have had to pay for a new machine, and in between you had an old machine. Furthermore, it prevents you from having to buy AppleCare. :)

The new graphics processor is a pretty big update on the iMac, and they give you a lot of cool stuff standard now.
  5. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    If it was mine, I would keep the iMac. The iMac G5 is a very nice setup. Especially when the computer doesn't have any problems, more reason not to sell. I would also highly recommend AppleCare if your iMac is within the first year of warranty,
  6. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

Jan 14, 2002
    South Dakota, USA
    I have a Rev. A iMac G5 and it is a good computer. I bet under most conditions you would be hard pressed to see the performance difference between the Rev. A and the Rev. B unless you are gaming. I have AppleCare on mine so I never worry about things going wrong. AppleCare is pretty cheap for the consumer models so I think it is worth it.
  7. iMAC G5dreamer thread starter macrumors member

Jun 9, 2004
    i see,thanks for the replies guys,i think that if i dont get to sell it here in Venezuela for a good (reasonable) price i will stick with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.