Rev. B iMacs

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Chiloé, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. Chiloé macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2006
    Location:
    Somewhere I'm not
    #1
    Just a couple of questions about the next round of iMacs, and I apologize in advance if the answers are common knowledge in these quarters. ;)

    1) What's the consensus as to when the Rev. B iMacs will come out? Early summer? Fall?

    2) Will they likely have a speed boost in the form of a faster processor speed or it will it be a new processor? Any major changes likely to occur?

    I ask as I'm considering putting my weak willpower to the test and waiting for them rather than getting the current iMac. It's not because I don't like what I hear about the current iMacs – they sound great – but more a case of not really needing a new Mac just yet. But, at the same time, I'm not sure I can stomach waiting until, say, October or latter... ;)
     
  2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

    yankeefan24

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2005
    Location:
    NYC
    #2
    I haven't heard any speculation to when the rev b iMacs will be. i think summer, because thats when merom comes out. We might see some minor things, but the next major revision wont come before summer. intel has a timeline for their new chips, and there isnt going to be anything special before summer. rev b might come any time, probably in march or april (if they do), but that would be a minor change (faster maybe). But nothing major will happen before summer.
     

Share This Page