Rev B. or Rev. C?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dwd3885, Feb 1, 2006.

  1. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2004
    #1
    I think I'm going to be buying the rev. C Power Mac Dual 2ghz model Thurs. morning via Apple refurb. I know, I know, it's the "crippled" model compared with the Dual rev. B.

    Should I really be waiting for the Rev. B to show up on the Apple refurb site? It IS cheaper and arguably better! The Rev. C at 1549 is as high as my budget goes.

    My plan is to buy one of these and have it hold me over until rev. B at least of the Intel Powermacs, maybe rev. C. In other words, I'd like this system to last me a good 2 years.

    So Rev B or Rev C?
     
  2. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

    Glenn Wolsey

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2005
    Location:
    New Zealand
    #2
    In my opinion, you should hold off and get yourself the Rev.C refurb if you want it too last 2 years, and you don't urgently need the machine in the next month, its a more sensible thing too do. Its worth waiting a month to get a better machine if you want it for two years.

    If you need the machine quickly, sure, go ahead and get the Rev.B model, but if you can wait, get the Rev.C.
     
  3. yoda13 macrumors 65816

    yoda13

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2003
    Location:
    Texas
    #3
    I say go with the Rev. C. I don't believe you'll be sorry.:)
     
  4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

    Abstract

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2002
    Location:
    Location Location Location
    #4
    I'd go as far as to say go with the rev A or B if you can get them, but if you can't wait, then rev C it is. It's really not going to matter if you get the rev C or not. It'll just cost you the most, that's all.
     
  5. dwd3885 thread starter macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2004
    #5
    Thanks for the responses. I don't know if some of you are right on track though.

    I am buying the Rev. B or Rev. C CURRENT G5 Powermacs Dual 2ghz. I would not have to wait on buying the rev. C as they are on the Apple site now. The revision b is not. So I'd be waiting for Apple to put that one up there. I wouldn't have to wait for it
     
  6. dwd3885 thread starter macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2004
    #6
    Ok so I decided to nix my idea of the Rev. B or Rev. C Dual G5 PowerMacs and instead go for the refurbished Dual Core 2ghz $1699 PowerMac. It's only $150 more than the rev. c and the RAM is better, quieter, pci-express, etc. I think it's better in every way to justify the $150 difference. Am I right??

    So my plan is to switch to the Intel Power Macs once all the software has become universal and it is no longer an issue. So in effect, I'm keeping this baby for a good 2-3 years.

    I'd also think I go refurb on the Powermac because I have a slight chance to get specs that are better than advertised and I see no point in coughing up FULL price for the G5 at this point
     

Share This Page