Rev controller- still in the dark it seems

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/zakuchan/hands-on-the-revolution-controller-.jpg

anybody see the massive problem there? look over it with a fine tooth comb. see if you can spot the flaw before i mention it. go on now, have fun!

no?

look at the reflection. its a dirty lie :) ah! you see it now don't you? yes! the reflection has different buttons.

the actual image shows the buttons 'b' and 'a' at the bottom, BUT on the reflection it shows an upside down Y with a dark mark to the left. just like in the teaser video.

couple that with Nintendo saying they haven't revealed the controller fully. gets a little mysterious. no?

2. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

remeber this is a preproduction pict..... so when they first took the picture. they could have had xy buttons but then changed there mind..... also note there well be a traditional controller add-on to this. that may have the xy buttons. or maybe the anolog stick that attaches to it could have the xy buttons.....

3. mkaake macrumors 65816

you sir, have too much time on your hands :)

4. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Wow! I would have never noticed that! Good eye!

5. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I would think that it'd make more sense to keep with the "a" "b" scheme since it fits in more with using the controller with original NES and Super NES games since the controllers have always been "a" and "b" for their main buttons.

6. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

However the SNES did have the X and Y that were more important in some games than others.

I wonder if they will in the final build put an X and Y on one side so when you turn it over you have A,B,X,Y for NES and SNES

7. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I heard for classic games, you will hold the controller sideways to play it like the original NES gamepad, but for that to make more sense you'd think they would have to make the "a" and "b" buttons facing sideways so that when you turn it on its side, they appear right side up.

8. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

You, sir, have great eyes. Also, notice on the reflection there is what seems to be an LED. (To the left of the Y-Button.) It is not on the controller, tho.

Hmm.. I checked the vid. Seems to only be two circles. Or is it? (attachment)

9. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

To me on the side of the X and Y buttons on your image Poff it looks like lowercase "a" and a "b". But that is how my eyes see it.

10. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

the text next to the buttons are indeed a miniature 'a' and 'b'. Nintendo is releasing a shell for the Revs wand controller, no images yet but its been announced. this will allow the backwards compatibility they say. you still get all the Rev features but in a GC styled controller. my guess is that would play GC games wirelessly too :)

anyone heard the rumour about Zelda being delayed so they can make it compatible with the Rev controller?

11. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Where did you hear about the first part?

And i have heard nothing about the delay aside from adding more details and a level i thought it was. And just adding to the months that i have it on pre-order (five months and going now)

12. Macamus Prime macrumors regular

There was some talk about making Zelda an "enchanced" experience when played on the Revolution. I do not have the link to it, but I remember somthing like that. It is somewhere in one of these threads on this board. We were talking about it once.

13. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

you're truly right. placed just the same as on the old nes-controller.

if they are marked with x and y, I guess you can use your left hand to press them, in addition to controlling a and b with your right hand..

14. 7on macrumors 601

7on

The video shown at the TGS had x and y in the actual product.

15. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

PB G5???? Is that you? I haven't seen a post form you in forever. Where have ya been?

16. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

yeah i know seriously :p

17. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

just been reading about the Rev at Wikipedia. again it goes back to the rumours old but there some interesting facts among the fray. just take a look

^there are more but those are what i consider the most important

time to start ripping these rumours to shreds or could there be truth behind them? have we got any chance of knowing, considering how tight lipped Nintendo are and how far they're going to push new gaming experiences...

(thought this would be the best thread for this)

18. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

what about the l and r shoulder buttons on the snes controller dpad, select, start, l, r,a,b,x,y are the buttons on the snes controller.if they are going to make every known nintendo game work on this they need all the buttons. is this suposed to run game cube games to well at least the n64 and the gc has almost the same buttons

19. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

I doubt we'll get holographic this time. :) 50 games would be cool, although it wouldn't be economically smart of them.. :/ As Iwata said in his speech, it is only in the first weeks of its cycle most games sell.

20. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

you haven't seen the 'shell' mockup have you? its been confirmed by Nintendo but no images of yet. basically its another wand extension, and a GC controller with a big dock (like the Dreamcasts i suppose). so you still get Rev compatibility with the gyroscopes n all but with the same number of buttons (maybe more actually, with the wand buttons too) as the PS3 and Xbox 360. smart eh? or utter genius :eek:

21. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Sega Games to download YAYAYAY

Altered Beast "POWER UP" dun dun duhhhhh

bwhahaha

22. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I need to see this patent.

50 launch titles is stretching it but believable if they get XBox 360 ports or up-ports from games that weren't on GameCube like Burnout 3.

Sega games are believable; Sega already said that they're interested in getting their games on the Revolution.