RevA 12" Powerbook -> will 1GB ram fit??

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Jo-Kun, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

Hey sorry to start a new thread about this but a search gave me all the relusts about messages wich include "powerbook" and thats a lot :s

so the question is...

my brother has a 12" powerbook revA
    it's maxed out by apple standards... 640MB ram

is it possible, I mean did anyone replaced the ram with a 1GB stick and will this work?

he's mainly using it for photoshop and making QuickTime VR products... and we all know photoshop likes a lot of ram ;)

so to speed up things going to 1,128GB ram would make a difference...

maybe in combination with a 7200rpm harddrive it would be a greater difference but he asked me: can I add more ram than apple says...

so if anyne knows it for a fact... let me know, so I can tell him & he can decide...

he's allso thinking about a new 2Ghz iMac... when he gets the money to buy one that is :p

thanks!

2. debroglie macrumors 6502a

debroglie

3. Jo-Kun thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks,

I'll let him know, so its up to him to decide what to do ;)

4. MacHarne macrumors 6502

I'm sure it will fit, but it may not actually run. If the max RAM on that PowerBook is actually 640MB, it is likely to ignore that 1GB stick. EveryMac.com - 12"PB Specs

5. Jo-Kun thread starter macrumors 6502a

a G5 allso says: 8GB max... but if you're rich enough and want more more more... you can install 2GB chips... so 16GB max... that's why I was thinking this must be possible...