Revamped my room

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

This is such a pain, Pixmania still haven't shipped out my memory card so I can't take any photos of this...

But today I set to completely revamping my room (well, my desk). Its been the same for the last 4 years. I've huddled all the electronics to one side of the room length spanning desk. I've wired up my PowerBook to my amplifier and added an extra 2 Wharfedale Modus speakers at the sides of the electronic huddle. To compliment the 2 wall mounted speakers that I use for watching films and other loud things when everyone's out.
    I've stolen my parents spare 15" TFT monitor for dual monitor (which is so useful, why did no one tell me this before!). Which is sat on my 1970's Teleton amp. the monstrous 26" tube TV is next to the amp/monitor. cant wait to get rid of this! my 2005FPW can't come any quicker...
    all my consoles are under my desk now. the NES is ontop of the Xbox and the GC is all small and squashed in. Hiding those frankly ugly machines (cant wait for the uber sexy Rev which will be on the desk).
    The Xbox has XBMC which i used for streaming everything and anything.

Which has given me enough room for an illustrators corner! Now I've finally got deskspace I can actually DRAW once again.

Dont know why I'm doing this though. in just over a month off I'll be using a lovely 2005FPW monitor to get rid of my 15" TFT and my 26" tube TV. :)

Photos to follow!

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

ooo I want to see.

I revamped my room two weekends ago to put electronics all on one side. So i can watch anime on my TV while doing PS work on my powermac at the same time ^_^ before i had to have my back to one of them, but now i can just turn my head.

i wish i had a camera -_-

3. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

The latest mod to my office is bolting a piece of wood to the wall, so I can have another pc set up in there. Now, I can use mine, my oldest can use his, and my youngest can also use his. I do need some more connections for my servers.

4. Aarow macrumors 6502a

I can't visualize it without pictures. I just can't.. Hope you get that memory card soon!

5. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

6. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Now that is a CRAPload of cables coming out the PB, haha. :D

7. Aarow macrumors 6502a

Nice room. I'm planning to paint my room this coming room, and cleaning it:eek:. The console picture isn't working (for me atleast).

8. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

should work now, i had the name as consoleS :eek:

yes! lotsa cables! I'm currently NOT using the modem, line-in and the Kensington lock. I have a K-Lock somewhere but the house security is probably tougher :)
    Ethernet for network connection to Xbox
    Firewire for my external HDD
    USB wireless mouse dongle
    USB cardreader
    VGA monitor
    Lineout to amp :)

9. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

10. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

unfortunately there are no more free plug sockets available for my Amiga and as you can tell in the pic, Its sort of broke. still works. but its a piece of history. dont wanna hurt the wee thing :eek:
    had no room left for my Mega Drive or my Dreamcast :(

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Mmmm...I loved my Amiga. :(

Odd, but I get redirected to Microsoft by your consoles linked picture.... The concept of Microsoft and Satan being neighbors isn't new to me, but.... :D

EDIT: Do you have a console model Amiga? I guess there were a lot more of those in the UK than here.... is there a lot of cool stuff it can play? We had two A500s. :)

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

nice man....wheres the xbox? i see the games but no system....i might be blind.

Bless