Revealed(?)"Top Secret" features of Leopard's New iChat?!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Nebulousforce, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Nebulousforce macrumors newbie

Aug 30, 2004
    Hmm, I think these are a few of the "Top Secret" features of Leopard's New iChat! Check out the video demo here:
    Well, they're not a secret anymore!
    Share and share alike
    Remote control takes on a whole new meaning with iChat in Leopard. Thanks to iChat Screen Sharing, you and your buddy can observe and control a single desktop via iChat, making it a cinch to collaborate with colleagues, browse the Web with a friend, or pick the perfect plane seats with your spouse. Share your own desktop or share your buddy’s — you both have complete control at all times. And when you start a Screen Sharing session, iChat automatically initiates an audio chat so you can talk things through while you’re at it.
    Show off (without showing up)
    Why wait for a darkened room and a projector to present vacation photos or Keynote slides? With Leopard, you can do it all remotely, from the comfort of iChat. Use new iChat Theater to present photos from iPhoto, slides from Keynote, or content from any iChat-enabled application with any iChat or AOL AIM buddy. And do it in style — full-screen, accompanied by a video feed of you playing host. iChat’s virtual presentation room makes a big impact.
  2. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Dec 23, 2004
    Charleston, IL
    I hate to tell you this but I'm fairly confident this information has been posted on for quite some time.... as in since the first time Steve and the gang demoed Leopard (or at least some of it)

Cool features none the less...
  3. classof2011 macrumors regular

Dec 2, 2006
    Flying with American Airlines
    Yup, I remember reading this a few months ago.
  4. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Oct 27, 2003
    Portland, OR
  5. Nebulousforce thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 30, 2004
    I now stand somewhat corrected. ;)

iChat Theater: I had a blonde moment I guess! :( It was in the keynote but I haven't watched it in quite sometime, so I did go back and re-watch it again. I will say that the video preview posted now was more impressive in some ways than the WWDC one. I like Phil :apple: and he's a great guy but a bit goofy and a nice comic relief from what I've seen over the past few years. :D
    iChat Screen Sharing: I guess I missed this one if it's been out for a while. Why? I suppose I didn't expect anything new so I didn't return to Apple's Leopard Sneak Peak page until months later or somehow I hadn't read about it. However, I re-watched the iChat demo and there wasn't even a mention of this feature. So Benjami, I stand a little corrected. ;)
    Sorry guys I'm just getting anxious for all new stuff coming from Mr. Jobs! Yeah, Leopard, iPhone, 8 Core Mac Pro and I wonder if we'll see a 4 Core iMac? ;)

20" MacIntel 2.0 ICD 500HDD 2GB 256MB VRam Boot Camp XP just for my video game fix.
    iBook SE 466 576MB 8MB VRam! :eek:
    1- 30GB iPod 3rd Gen 1-512MB & 1-GB 1st Gen Shuffles
    Newton Message Pad MP100
  6. apfhex macrumors 68030

Aug 8, 2006
    Northern California
    Yup... the Leopard preview page has been up since WWDC. :) Wonder if we'll even get updates on it before it's actually released.
  7. a456 macrumors 6502a

Oct 5, 2005
    Screen Sharing

It may not be secret or newly posted but the iChat screen sharing looks like it could have a good deal of uses in business. Especially for training purposes, etc.