Reverse scrolling on iBook G4 trackpad?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by RedCroissant, Dec 27, 2012.

1. macrumors 68020

RedCroissant

Is there an application or terminal command that reverse the scrolling on my iBook G4? I would like it to function the same way all of my other devices do if possible. Thanks in advance.

2. macrumors member

I use iScroll2 on my G4 PowerBook for that. Install it and check "invert direction" from iScroll settings in system pref.

EDIT:
    oh, ahm...the above is completley useless if you're on an ibook that was built after 2005 with official support for two finger scrolling..

3. macrumors 6502

ppcg4mac

Try this, I have no idea if it is PPC compatible, but it is 10.4 and 10.5 compatible.

http://pilotmoon.com/scrollreverser/

4. macrumors G3

eyoungren

It's PowerPC compatible. I use it on my 2006 17" Mac.

5. thread starter macrumors 68020

RedCroissant

All of you = AWESOME. Yes, thank you very much. I don't know why this didn't come up when I was searching for it, but I am now very happy. Thanks again!

6. eyoungren, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012

macrumors G3

eyoungren

I wanted to mention AveScroller this morning, but I was not at my Mac at the time. Here it is now. AveScroller gives you intertia scrolling and also has reverse scrolling built in (if you want it). It's not free, but this combined with iScroll2 gives my 2003 Mac the same kind of scrolling you can find on the newer Macs.

EDIT: Also, you may want to look here. I've used this terminal command (it's only for 10.5 Leopard), but it didn't really work for me. That's when I hunted down AveScroller.

7. macrumors 6502

skateny

I had my iBook for about two years before I learned that it could do two-finger scrolling. I found out from a post on one of these threads. Glad I did. I love it.

8. thread starter macrumors 68020

RedCroissant

The funny thing now is that even though my iBook scrolls the same way that my other devices do, I am having trouble initially(the way I did in the beginning) training myself to scroll properly.

9. macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

We have a Macbook Pro. We took it somewhere while we were still running 10.6, and we were working with someone with a MBP running 10.7. Every time someone switched computers, we had to relearn how to scroll. Horrible.

10. macrumors 6502a

rjcalifornia

Thanks!

11. macrumors 6502

skateny

It took me some time just to learn how to do it the default way.

12. macrumors 6502

Thanks for the heads up, I've just purchased a copy! The inertial scrolling feels really nice.

13. macrumors G3

eyoungren

Cool! I like it a lot. Makes scrolling through long web pages or pages of text very easy.