Reverse Sync?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by BWhaler, Sep 13, 2006.

1. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

So the new iTunes will sync music in both directions across Macs as long as both are authorized on the same account.

I can't see to get this to work, including on iTunes content.

Does anyone know how to get this to work properly?

Thanks

2. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

Me neither. When I plugged my iPod into my Macbook, it said something about you can only sync with 1 library. I thought the whole with with version 7 was that you could sync more than 1 computer on the same account. It did end up syncing, but only my purchased songs and not the 300+ songs I have in my library ripped from CD's.

3. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

4. calculus Guest

calculus

The non purchased music part is only for moving from one computer to another (not from the iPod)

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It doesn't seem like it's such a major feature after all, huh?

FWIW, what I do to keep my computers sync'd manually is that I keep a "transfer folder" of stuff that I know I want to put on the other computer on my desktop. (My computers are sometimes on the same LAN together at home). So if I get a new song, I drag it from iTunes into there, and then delete the copy later when I've copied it. I also keep "recently added" playlists that display the last xx songs added to iTunes on both computers, which helps.

Not perfect, but it works....

6. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

I deleted some free TV downloads from iTunes and, when I plugged the iPod in to sync, I got a message stating that there was "purchased content" on the iPod that wasn't found in iTunes.

It then asked if I wanted to copy that content from my iPod.

I imagine that's the gist of how the "reverse" xfer works.