Reversed Scrolling

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Simonlewt, Jul 31, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Mar 21, 2011
    Hey all

I just got Lion on my Macbook Pro today, and so far i really like it. It took a little bit of time to get used to the reversed scrolling, but i am starting to kind off like it. I do have 2 issues concerning the reversed scrolling.

1: I am using a mouse with a scroll wheel, is there any way to make it "non reversed" while still keeping the touchpad reversed? It feels awkward scrolling in the wrong direction.

2: Is there any way to make movie programs like VLC and Quicktime player use the normal scrolling method? It's rather strange to scroll down, when i want the music to be louder.

I may just have to get used to those things, but i figured i might as well ask if there are any solutions.

Thanks in advance :)
  2. macrumors 68000

Jul 19, 2010
    The mouse question has been asked many times before, it may do you some help to search prior to posting :). To answer your question, no, you can't have the natural scrolling on one or the other. It's both or none; if you disable it on the mouse it automatically gets disabled on the trackpad.

And no, you can't select specific apps to use the unnatural scrolling.
  3. macrumors 68030

Jul 21, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA