Reversible Belts?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Greencardman, May 13, 2005.

1. Greencardman macrumors 6502

So yeah, this is the official I lack common sense thread. So at the clothing store, they have reversible belts, black on one side, brown on the other. Only problem is, how exactly do you reverse it? Sounds like a silly question i know, it should be simple, but I played with it for a while and can't seem to reverse it. If you turn it inside out nothing holds it on, and you can't move the metal piece that goes through the holes to the other side, so whats the point? Hmmm, like the guy from the Newsroom: "Reversible Belts: I don't get it"

2. joetronic macrumors 6502

are you sure they are reversible. I have seen black belts that have a cheaper leather on the inside that is brown. Are they being sold as reversible?

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

4. Greencardman thread starter macrumors 6502

haha. Yeah, they're sold as being reversible.

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

They all work in different way but one of the ones I have if you pull the buckle away from the belt you can turn the buckle around.

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Yes, on most of the truly reversable belts I've seen, the buckle either reconfigures to the other side, or the whole thing detaches somehow so you can turn it around. Actually, most of the reversable belts I've seen are the kind without real buckles, that you have to buy your own, but it depends where you shop.

Can you post a closeup pic of the buckle?

7. apple2991 macrumors 6502

Maybe you should just buy one black and one brown belt.

8. emw macrumors G4

emw

No offense, but don't you have to be pretty down on your luck not to be able to afford the second belt? :p

Of course, you could go the whole reversible route and get the reversible jacket, reversible pants, and if you're really ambitious, a reversible shirt.

I think most underwear is reversible by default, so you'd pretty much be good to go. No word yet on reversible shoes, though.

9. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

nice one emw.

Although I want to know why anyone would want a reversible belt.

10. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I have one belt I wear all the time - I just don't have a desire to go out and get more.... eventually I will, though, but since I'm not going to work in an office and married - my need for a diverse wardrobe isn't that pressing. :D

D

12. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I would try and stay away from a reversable belt, most of them that I have ever seen are complete junk. IMO is good leather is well the money.

13. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I'm not down on my luck and could probably afford a closet of belts... problem is is that I really never wear a belt except with dress clothes which usually is just for a wedding... I really just don't like buying clothes anyhow so when I need a new belt I always get a reversible one just in case I buy a 2nd pair of dress pants and need a brown belt this way I don't have to buy a new belt!

14. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    reversable belts are okay if they are made of canvas not leather, if u want a leather belt get a proper one

15. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

I have a reversible belt from DKNY and you just pull out the clip part and rotate it.

16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I don't have a reversible belt at the moment. In the past though it seemed to work very well if I remember correctly. I also remember having a reversible jacket.

17. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I have this one, and another Ferragamo belt, to the person that said you have to be "hurting" to get a reversible belt, these are great quality and far from cheap belts :p

Link to belt

Ed

18. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

you should just have to pull the buckle away from the belt and then it will rotate, i used to work for Wilsons Leather though, and they are crap, they will break rather easily and are p.o.s. in my opinion, so in the future stay away!

I have used a reversable leather belt for many years. It works fine - but maybe I'm less fashion conscious that you. What bugs me is pant tops that rollover.

20. Awimoway macrumors 65816

21. Sox macrumors regular

Here's the real question: do you have reversible shoes as well? If you're fashion-conscious enough to worry about having both a brown and black belt, then you had better have shoes in both colors.

What about watchbands? Do you have a leather watchband? Brown band, brown belt, brown shoes. Black band, black belt, black shoes. Silver/chrome goes with everything.

Clothing is a lot like computers. Would you rather buy a Dell for cheap, or a more expensive Mac for three times as much? The Mac is going to work better, last longer, and look nicer. The same goes with clothes. Buy the highest quality you can afford; you will get the most return on your investment, and you'll look like a million bucks.

22. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

not all reversible belts are crap. I have one from kenneth cole that's a nice black on one side and brown on the other. I also have two pairs of shoes that i wear for work, one brown and one black. so i can always match my belt and shoes without overly thinking.
    i am so not good at being a girl.