Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Actionproof's Bozon Apple Watch stand is unique in a sea of Apple Watch accessories because of its unusual, quirky shape. It looks more like a toy or a modern art piece than a traditional stand, but it ended up being easier to use and more functional than some of the other Apple Watch stands I've tested.

Made from a soft black silicone, the Bozon features a pliable black palm-sized sphere-shaped top attached to four legs for stability. Like most Apple Watch stands, you need to supply your own charging puck, which fits into the front of the Bozon. The interior of the Bozon is hollow, allowing it to store excess cord.

bozonempty.jpg

Setting up the Bozon with the Apple Watch charger was surprisingly simple, especially when it came to winding up excess cord. There are a lot of Apple Watch docks and stands out there that hide extra cord, but most do so in a more convoluted way. With the Bozon, it was simple, quick, and elegant.

bozonbottom.jpg

The first step to installing the Apple Watch charger in the stand is to fit the charging puck into the front opening. It fits in at a downward angle, and there's an extra slot that houses the portion of the cable that connects to charger. From there, the cord goes into the middle of the Bozon and out through the rear right leg, which has a removable cap.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Review: Actionproof's Bozon Stand for Apple Watch is Quirky but Functional

dwaltwhit

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Tennessee
They don't have to sell one to every person. This isn't suited to my taste, but I think it's a cool concept. I like that it seems to be a bit lower profile so it's less likely to get knocked over. $40 might be a bit high but $30 would be fine by me.

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
There's no way I'd be able to purchase this stand. Reminds me too much of that dog "sex toy".

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 153

SlipperySlop

Suspended
Sep 14, 2015
Price is pretty crazy.

These stands run $9.99 and work just as well. I have a green one that works great.

3a4xw6Ql.jpg
I had it. It was so bad and ugly, I threw it away. For 9.99 I shouldn't have been surprised. You get what you pay for. This should only be purchased by someone who absolutely can't afford anything better.

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
I had it. It was so bad and ugly, I threw it away. For 9.99 I shouldn't have been surprised. You get what you pay for. This should only be purchased by someone who absolutely can't afford anything better.

Wat? It's no uglier than the stand reviewed here. It's basically the same thing. A cheap piece of rubberized plastic that holds your Apple Watch. Only the one reviewed here costs 4x more.

Reactions: 69Mustang

RobInLondon

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2016
My favourite stand is the Watchrest (http://www.10design.us/watchrest/):

WATCHREST+Apple+Watch+charging+by+10Design%2C+LLC

+ Nice and low so it doesn't knock over.
+ Solid aluminium with grippy rubber base so it doesn't slide.
+ The cable is routed out the back so it doesn't tangle with the watch.

and it's 99c cheaper than the Bozon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.