[Review] Macbook Pro Fitted Speck Case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WickedPuddin, Aug 29, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Experience With Speck:

I have gotten my first speck product with the original Macbook Aluminum model. I was very satisfied with my satin case, so I decided to try out the speck see thru (clear.) It did not seem to fit properly so I sent it back for a replacement. After I got another replacement, I still did not like the fit, so I sent it back for the speck fitted.

The actual case review:

First off, this case looks amazing and has a great fit. The case will get a lot of attention so do not be surprise when people come and touch it. It does feel like a rough cloth. One issue that I do have with the case is there is little notches the grab the computer to stay on. The issue is especially present on the bottom portion the case where those notches break off. So far I have one notch completely missing, and another one just about to fall off. It still does hold on though.
    It is very important to take off the case and clean the inside often! I say this because when I was in my class today, I noticed some dirt type substance in-between the computer and the case. So when I got home, I noticed small scratches on my computer which is very disappointing. If you take of the case and clean it often, it should be fine.

Ask any questions and I will answer them!

2. thread starter macrumors member

[Update]
    Found some scratches on my computer today, not sure if it was from before when I didn't clean it in two weeks or was recent. Not using the case for now :/

3. macrumors 6502

these cases tend to do more damage than protect ur mac. LOL

4. macrumors 6502a

I stopped using cases. Storing it in a good attaché/sleeve when not in use and just being careful when it's not is the key.

Besides... the MBP looks too good to dress it up in silly clothes.